Re: Christopher's Progression/Regression

I find it interesting that nobody has mentioned Tony's complicity in Chris resuming his drinking, which led to his subsequent heroin use. Surely Tony knew the dangers involved in letting Christopher drink the wine; you don't need to even know an alcoholic to have come across this information.

And while I'm certain that there are no heroin addicts posting on this site, what does anyone make of Christopher vomiting out the car door window? I thought heroin immediately mellowed you out. I didn't think it nauseated you.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>However, I didn't understand his comment that she couldn't have kids (with him), but would be having one by someone else.<hr></blockquote>

I'm sure it was something said just to keep the lie alive that she ran off with some other guy. However she did finally tell him (in season 5?) that she could not have kids didn't she? I know she told the undercover FBI blonde chick. I thought she told Christopher too because he was pretty hateful to her. She had an abortion years earlier and had some complications if I remember that correctly.

<P ALIGN=CENTER><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/hcodea.js"></script></P></p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>And while I'm certain that there are no heroin addicts posting on this site, what does anyone make of Christopher vomiting out the car door window? I thought heroin immediately mellowed you out. I didn't think it nauseated you.<hr></blockquote>
i just guess it did mellow him out, but the shit he ate all day and the vine he still had in him made him puke, didnt go hand in hand.
when you put a guy a day eating at mcdonalds or some fast food and then give him H or even dope, he will feel very bad with all the fat and bad food in him, so he might overthrow, fastest way of getting that ugly stuff out of your body.
just a guess though, when you smoke its a bit the same.

edit:what i mean is, he was actually sobering up there, not the other way around.its not like many writers etc. havent been addicts(to consciousness expanding drugs). i have to rewatch the episode, especially the part in tonys basement, if chris didnt know adriana would die tony might be in big shit one day.
and if it is that way, chris has played the adriana card, so tony is warned..and gives him wine, to drag him down in his eyes.
chris might be getting bright, but also somehow sharper at the same time, drugs often make the clock tick slower if you know what i want to say.its not like smokers or heroine abusers jump around and talk nonsense all day.
just guesses mostly though, maybe he will fix until he is unconsciousness again.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... rurusch</A> at: 5/8/06 3:08 pm

As part of Christopher's progession/regression, we see him watching a movie while waiting for Kelli . The movie: "Saw II". Perhaps it was a statement that he is now content to be on observerwith Kelli in his life, a child on the way, a new house purchase in the offing, and being newly married Christopher is now content to be a simple observer of Hollywood's output rather than having any further need to take part in its production. Alternatively it could be seen as Christopher still longing to be part of tht world and clinging to his almost dead hopes of ever breaking into the movie business.

Irregardless of the meaning (if any) there was one poignant moment in this scene. When Chris is watching the movie the villian asks a poor victim in the flick "How much blood are you willing to shed to stay alive?" Not for nuthin', but I think this is a question that Chris will have to face, and soon.

</p>

Sorry peeayebee, you're certainly not invisible. I printed off the entire thread and hadn't read all the way down, and just couldn't understand why the first several posts made no mention of Tony's part in Chris' relapse. Naturally, I didn't read your post until afterwords.

To me, this enabling is going to speak volumes. Is Tony subconsciously wanting Chris to fail like AJ? Will Chris remember this and it will divide Tony and Chris even more? I see bad things happening down the road. I didn't think Christopher would be the one to take down Tony until last night. Now I'm not so sure. I don't think Tony sees that Christopher is really crying out for help because he's in pain.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>And while I'm certain that there are no heroin addicts posting on this site, what does anyone make of Christopher vomiting out the car door window? I thought heroin immediately mellowed you out. I didn't think it nauseated you. <hr></blockquote>
I understand that vomiting right after shooting up is considered a good thing. It means you are shooting good stuff, and you are just short of overdosing--the perfect high.. Better living through chemistry...

</p>

Someone on another board mentioned this part of the episode as possible forshadowing.

I copied and pasted what they wrote on another board. What do you think of this? I think this poster could be on to something. Here it is:

Holy sh*t, that's a great double entendre, foreshadowing maybe. Chris's wife says she likes the wine! Why is she *beep* drinking? She's pregnant with Chris's baby. And Tony responds, "it lost some of its pop." Wow.
It = baby maybe. Pop = Chris.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.09: The Ride”