Re: AJ

I experienced this remark as evidence of his growing disaffection for the crew family and greater investment in the blood family. He seemed more domestic despite his protestations about never carrying around his tots' strollers and the like.

</p>

Re: AJ's jacket

To tell you the truth TonyUncleAl, I didn't think anything of it but it's an interesting theory...who knows? AJ, along with Christopher, seems to be a character that walks around constantly with a big "KILL ME" sign on his back....who knows? I know it did look way, way too big for his still-scrawny (Of course, who's big compared to T?) frame

</p>

I'm sure it was more significant than just family filler. There was too much dialog and screen time for just a jacket. I'm not sure what it's foreshadowing, but the words "you'll never see it again" struck me as eerie.

Forot about the Richie jacket thing, HagensBing. Nice catch.

</p>

might be foreshadowing but right now its merely an educational part, a family thing imho.
AJ is the bosses son and right now he doesnt look as if he would step into the fathers shoes businesswise ever.
Jackie Aprile was somebodys son, Little Carmine was somebodys son, just AJ comes a little bit slower.
So he is now lending a good jacket to somebody, he probably will not get it back and then see how his father was right with his advice that other people might rip you off.
This will tie them together and there is a chance that AJ gets involved into the other family.

edit:also tony is trying throughout the episode to get the attention and love of his family.he is trying to give AJ tips here, gives carmella a porsche and goes away ashamed when she complains that he went alone to the sushi place and he is nice to meadow.
no hoes in this episode either.
edit again:just rewatched it, he is only nice to carmella and meadow, aj is a lost cause for him it seems.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... rurusch</A> at: 3/17/06 11:26 am

Jackets are a big topic in this episode. The episode is named "Member's Only" after the jacket Gene was wearing. This is an old jacket that used to be the hot thing, but is now a sign of the past. Kind of like Gene. It's also a play on Gene being the member of a club he could not quit by any means other than the way he did.

Vito's obnoxious blue jacket represents the new Vito. Rather than being in the background, he wants people to notice his weight loss and his new look. He now has visions of being the boss someday and will be making the most of his connections with the New York crowd. Look for him to be whacked when things go bad with the New York crowd or when he tries to take too much control from Tony or possibly when his gay tendencies come to light.

AJ's jacket given to him by Tony. Something brand new, yet not ever used by AJ. He is letting a friend borrow it and will probably never see it again. AJ doesn't value his family or anything they give to him. He uses them when he can to get things (SUV from Tony, permission to stay in NY from Carmella, cover from Meadow). Just like Tony buys off Carmella (Porsche) he does the same thing with AJ. AJ's college stint will be brief. Event planning anyone? Carmella will welcome that rather than have him slip into mob life.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”