Buscemi

Thank Dog, Buscemi, I mean, Tony B. FINALLY got whacked! I wish it would have happened in episode two so I would not have had to be subject to one of the worst actors on the planet. Because Chase wasted an entire season on the Tony B. storyline, we had less Junior, Christopher and Carmela, not to mention that one of the strongest characters of this season, Feetch, was prematurely removed from the show. Horrible decision bringing Buscemi in as an actor. He exhibited little passion and the scope of this role was well beyond his means. He was not strong enough to carry the magnitude of the Tony B. character. Aside from a few of his comical lines, the season turned out to be a big disappointment because of the extent of the air time given to Buscemi. The show suffered for it.

</p>

Re: Buscemi

Sorry you feel that way. Well, I guess I'm not really sorry; you're entitled to your opinion. But I enjoyed Buscemi's time on the show. He's a very interesting actor, as was his character.

Any movie that he's in is better for it.

</p>

Re: Buscemi

I couldn't agree more. I'm amazed how much credit people have given Buscemi for his lack luster performance this season. His character was the worst since the beginning of the show. You can't even mention Tony B in the same breath as other nemesis's of Tony such as Mickey Palmice, Richie Aprile, Ralph Cifaretto, Feech La mana, or Phil Leotardo. He does not bring the same intensity or screen prescence. Not even close. Buscemi should have stuck to directing!

</p>

Great Season

Steve Buscemi was great this season even though I am glad he did get whacked because he did have it coming nonetheless his character was a huge part of the season and I am glad he was part of the show as an actor not just director for at least one season. That is the beauty of the Sopranos they give us such great characters every year, This year was great with Frank Vincent, Rober Loggia who I also enjoyed even though his stint was so verry short, and Steve Buscemi I only hope next season has the same surprise characters.

</p>

buscemi

I agree. I like Buscemi but his appearances did take away from Uncle Junior, and there were not enough scenes with Dr. Melfi. He just didn't fit the serious part, I'd rather Feech had stayed rather than Tony B. He wasn't as rough as I thought as far as what they made him out to be. Since he was coming out "class of 04" I thought he was someone big and bad that we should have feared. Well as far as I can see he was weak, weak. He walked around half the season complaining about money, his kids and his massage license ----get outta here, I knew he was gonnna have to go back to his old ways. I loved it when Tony finally paid him his dues for doing things his way. Although I did feel bad for (Steve Buscemi not Tony B). Whatever that's my opinion!!

</p>

Re: buscemi

Buscemi's direction for The Sopranos is amazing.. Pine Barrens is one of the best episodes by far. However I completely agree that he was poorly casted for the role of Tony Blundetto. They should have cast him as another recovering heroine addict or degenerate gambler. However I don't see Buscemi taking that kind of role. They should have written him into the script as Mikey Palmici's brother getting out of jail, hellbent on revenge. I think that woulda been a good role. But hey, things happened how they happened. Whaddya gonna do?

</p>

Steve B.

If Buscemi had played "Ralphie II", it would've been stupid move. Having him play an addict would've been equally "original". It looks like people want him to play Fargo or Reservoir Dogs-type roles over and over again. And it looks like people are dissappointed because his character wasn't totally predictable.

IMO, he was great. Not what I expected, but still great. His character didn't have any motormouth monologues, or a lot of funny catchphrases, but so what? It's a bold move to take such a role. Low-key roles like this don't usually get attention or praises, Buscemi's best work so far is Ghost World's Seymour - a role that isn't as flashy as in Fargo or Reservoir Dogs. It's 100 times more difficult to represent quiet rage and frustration than to play a guy who loses his temper all the time.

</p>

Re: Steve B.

Let's not confuse bad acting with a bad role. I think that Buscemi is a great actor, and I think he did very well with the Tony B character. The fact that so many people hated the Tony B character is, I think, a testament to Buscemi's ability.

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.13: All Due Respect”