Re: REVELATION

FlyOnMelfisWall and Alen S

When I stumbled upon your comments, I thought I had accidentally clicked onto my Eckhart Tolle group on Facebook.

Thank you both for the uplifting, informative (and informed!), and engaging convo.

Salud, cugini.

FlyOnMelfisWall I am grateful so very much - not just because this is an Excellent Discussion Forum for a Truly Excellent Work.

But also because My ideas of Portals being Opened & the idea of Higher Dimensions within parallel universes, as well as we humans as future “God” are now in my mind’s view & consciousness.
Last edited by Alen_S_88 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 41 times in total.

[Long Pause] I’ll say this: The question [that the final scene asks] is, to be really pretentious, what is time? How do we spend our really brief sojourn here? How do we behave, and what do we do? And the recognition that it’s over all too soon, and it very seldom happens the way we think. I think death very seldom comes to people the way they think it’s going to. And the spiritual question would be: “Is that all there is?”

- Chase, in a 2014 interview with The Daily Beast.
Last edited by Alen_S_88 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

1. Were you at all surprised by the reaction to the final episode?
DAVID CHASE: No. We knew there would be people who would be perplexed by it and shut their minds to it. This just felt like the right ending.

2. Did you expect people to be so pissed off?
We didn’t expect them to be that pissed for that long. It’s one thing to be deeply involved with a television show. It’s another to be so involved that all you do is sit on a couch and watch it. It seemed that those people were just looking for an excuse to be pissed off. There was a war going on that week and attempted terror attacks in London. But these people were talking about onion rings.

3. If you were expecting plot twists like Furio coming back from Italy to whack Tony and marry Carmela, were you obviously barking up the wrong tree?
There was so much more to say than could have been conveyed by an image of Tony facedown in a bowl of onion rings with a bullet in his head. Or, on the other side, taking over the New York mob.
The way I see it is that Tony Soprano had been people’s alter ego. They had gleefully watched him rob, kill, pillage, lie, and cheat. They had cheered him on. And then, all of a sudden, they wanted to see him punished for all that. They wanted ”justice.” They wanted to see his brains splattered on the wall. I thought that was disgusting, frankly. But these people have always wanted blood. Maybe they would have been happy if Tony had killed twelve other people. Or twenty-five people. Or, who knows, if he had blown up Penn Station. The pathetic thing — to me — was how much they wanted his blood, after cheering him on for eight years.

4. You know there were many people who thought the end was brilliant.
Sure. But I must say that even people who liked it misinterpreted it, to a certain extent. This wasn’t really about ”leaving the door open.” There was nothing definite about what happened, but there was a clean trend on view — a definite sense of what Tony and Carmela’s future looks like. Whether it happened that night or some other night doesn’t really matter.

5. Have you heard the elaborate theories about what really happened? Like the one that says you were re-creating The Last Supper?
The interesting thing is that, if you’re creative, there may be things at work that you’re not even aware of: things you learned in school, patterns you’ve internalized. I had no intention of using The Last Supper, but who knows if, subconsciously, it just came out. If people want to sit there figuring this stuff out, I think that’s just great. Most of them, most of us, should have done this kind of thing in high school English class and didn’t.

[I Personally Love this answer above by David Chase.]

6. Are they wasting their time? Is there a puzzle to be solved?
There are no esoteric clues in there. No Da Vinci Code. Everything that pertains to that episode was in that episode. And it was in the episode before that and the one before that and seasons before this one and so on. There had been indications of what the end is like. Remember when Jerry Toricano was killed? Silvio was not aware that the gun had been fired until after Jerry was on his way down to the floor. That’s the way things happen: It’s already going on by the time you even notice it.

7. Are you saying…?
I’m not saying anything. And I’m not trying to be coy. It’s just that I think that to explain it would diminish it.

- Entire excerpt above taken from a different Interview with David Chase (with Entertainment Weekly), which was conducted a few months (4 months, to be exact) after the Finale of The Sopranos, "Made In America," first aired (in the year 2007).
Last edited by Alen_S_88 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 32 times in total.

I would like to state the following points:

1. The intelligence of David Chase is simply Ungraspable and Immeasurable (not by my standards, but by most).

2. Another of my Favorite Shows/Series is one that also aired on HBO (as well as National Geographic at first, in 2014). The Title of that Show/Series is Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey. It was hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. The U.S. National Academy of Sciences awarded Tyson The Public Welfare Medal in 2015 for his "extraordinary role in exciting the public about the wonders of science." Carl Sagan hosted a Show/Series in 1980 Titled Cosmos: A Personal Voyage. The initial Title of the Movie/Film that Stanley Kubrick Created [2001: A Space Odyssey] was to contain the term "Voyage" in it. However, Kubrick ultimately changed his mind, and the Title of the Film ended up Containing the term "Odyssey." This is also somehow related to Homer's "Odyssey." The Film/Movie [2001: A Space Odyssey] was Created in 1968, which was one year before the famous Apollo 11 Moon Landing in 1969, and also before Carl Sagan & Neil deGrasse Tyson hosted their Respective Series/Shows, which were created years later. Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, was Created in 1980. Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, was Created in 2014. THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT TWO OF THE BRIGHTEST PHYSICISTS/BIO-ASTROLOGISTS THIS WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN - Carl Sagan & Neil deGrasse Tyson - HAVE USED TITLES RELATING TO STANLEY KUBRICK'S FILM/MOVIE/WORK IN BOTH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHOWS/SERIES/WORKS - WHICH WERE BOTH CREATED YEARS AFTER STANLEY KUBRICK'S FILM FIRST APPEARED. THEREFORE, THEY OBVIOUSLY CONSIDERED IT (AKA THE FILM/MOVIE THAT KUBRICK CREATED IN 1968 - 2001: A Space Odyssey) TO BE EXTREMELY SIGNIFICANT, To The Point of Using Almost Identical Names in the Titles - of their Future Respective Works. In fact, it is well known that Stanley Kubrick and Carl Sagan relied on each other's insights, and that Carl Sagan advised Stanley Kubrick on certain aspects in the making of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

3. Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey with Neil deGrasse Tyson is one of the most beautiful television shows I have ever seen. I was absolutely obsessed with it years ago, around 2014. I would literally look forward to it & wait until the end of the week [on Sundays] for the next episode to air, and I had no idea it was even remotely associated with The Sopranos when I watched it.

4. The amount (& detail) involving Physics, The Universe, Connections (to Everything), & So Many Other Disciplines - that David Chase Demonstrates in The Sopranos is Truly Ungraspable and Immeasurable.

5. Just a personal aside, in addition to Stanley Kubrick’s 1968 Film 2001: A Space Odyssey, other Movies/Films that are on my favorite list include The Fifth Element and The Lion King. They show to me how Good always Triumphs/Prevails over evil in the end. And how all Life is somehow connected in the Universe.

6. YOU, ME, EVERYONE -------- “WE ARE MADE OF STAR STUFF” - Carl Sagan
Last edited by Alen_S_88 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 44 times in total.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”