2 years gone

RIP Jim. A M-A-N.
I didn't know til just now that today (6/19) was the anniversary of his death. But I happened to watch "Thr Drop" again. What a send off.
"I was feared. I was respected."

You were the greatest of all time. It still breaks my heart he's not here with us.
"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"

Re: 2 years gone

Thanks for marking the occasion, MD. I missed it because so much is going on for me lately. It's not quite as surreal for me now as it was when it happened or even last year. I suppose I'm "assimilating" his absence better now. But my heart fills with gratitude for the legacy he left as an artist and a human being every time I think of him.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: 2 years gone

In my humble opinion, THE greatest actor of our time, hands down. Not only as a performer but as a human being using their talents to uplift the souls around them, even when he was struggling with his own personal demons. He always cared for others, just like the character Tony could sometimes. His heart was huge and the reason I think his performances are so amazing and timeless is that he personifies the human being, the human emotion, so raw, so innocent even, so beautiful, so intense, so primal. He was a gifted man who gifted others with his gifts and that is what makes him so inspirational. Its hard to miss someone you can watch over 80 hours of marathon if you wanted to, but the sadness maybe is in wanting to enjoy more of it, to see the next episode, and having to accept that their just isn't going to be one. That part is hard and I think I may need to talk to Melfi about it... :icon_razz:
You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.

Return to “James Gandolfini Remembered”