Re: How do we Keep This Site Going After the Finale?

Nick, I've used the chatroom many times. The problem is getting folks to notice when you're in there. We've had a thread called "Chatroom alert" that we've bumped along to each new episode forum for high visibility, and when you add a post indicating you'd like to chat, it pops to the top of the forum. So you could try that next time you want to chat.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Remember when Tony was in the Bing and he, Christopher, Sil were watching Mickey Rooney on television. Tony refers to Mickey Rooney as a Whyo. Here is the historic definition:

Originally a member of an extremly violent Mulberry Street (New York City) gang of the late 1800s.

He is a member of the Whyos.

Whyos refers to a Irish gang associated with the Five Points area of NYin the 1800's.

If we go back to the beginning of the series, knowing what we know know, we can probably gain a lot of knowledge, and even more appreciation for what David Chase has portrayed for us in this wonderful, multi-layered series.

If anyone would like to think of this as one really long movie, I would like to say, that is how I see it now. Given the ending, it appears to not be a series of television shows, but a very long movie.

Okay, since there seems to be a number of folks wanting to start all over with the series, I'm going to propose watching one episode per week, every Sunday evening of course, and posting about it the following week in a dedicated forum. If everyone is ready, we can start this Sunday, July 8th. I will be implementing a slight forum reconfiguration by then.

If anyone wants to propose a different start date or any different/additional terms feel free to do so. I'll send a mass email to members to notify of the beginning of the discussions so that those who may want to participate but have not visited the forum lately will have the opportunity.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Request a Sitdown (Pre-2016)”