How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi - Grades and General Rev

I think that Chris will appear in the next few episodes in flashbacks. It will be revealed that he has been talking to the FBI. This was hinted at in his discussions with his fellow AAA member and with JT before he killed him. He wanted to talk and there is no reason to suspect that he has not talked already. Chris is too good a character not to have appear in the final 3 episodes and I think we are in for at least one powerful scene where it is revealed that he spoke to the FBI. I believe he is listed in the credits for the final episode. In any event, we have not seen or heard the last of him, although he is very dead (sorry to those who still think Ade is still alive)

Yes I defintely heard the Train Sounds you are referring too. Two things pop into my head. 1) In 1 when Michael Caps Saluzzo and the dirty Cop at the restaurant you can clearly hear a train slamming on it's brakes or Noise from a Train-that could be a reference to that and 2) the penultimate episode The Blue Comet where most of the shit is most likely going to go down between NJ and NY is a Hobby Train Reference. In other words, this freight train is about to get a Rollin! and I for one cannot wait. I can't even work, it kind of sucks, I am literally useless from anticipation of the ending of the GREATEST TELEVISION SHOW IN HUMAN HISTORY.
Don Scallop

"You Can't Kill me twice Sally Boy, I'm already fuckin' dead remember"

What better way than to have Tony kill the second most significant character on the show in such a cold blooded fashion.

I have to say something about Chris being the second most significant character on the show. I think he's far lower than that. He's not as significant as Carmella or Melfi. He may not even be as significant as a few others.

But I'm not trying to quibble. I want to make the point that hopefully we will get some resolution with Melfi. It would be a shame if we just didn't see anything more of Melfi. I would like to see a meaningful resolution to Tony and Melfi's relationship. Same goes for Carmella. I think some large event needs to happen with at least one of these women - maybe both.

Splishak wrote:I have to say something about Chris being the second most significant character on the show. I think he's far lower than that. He's not as significant as Carmella or Melfi. He may not even be as significant as a few others.

But I'm not trying to quibble. I want to make the point that hopefully we will get some resolution with Melfi. It would be a shame if we just didn't see anything more of Melfi. I would like to see a meaningful resolution to Tony and Melfi's relationship. Same goes for Carmella. I think some large event needs to happen with at least one of these women - maybe both.
The reason I said second most significant is that after Tony, Chase probed most deeply into the character and conflicts of Chris more than anyone else.

You mentioned having some sort of resolution with the Melfi relationship. That would be interesting. I think though that the relationship between Tony and Melfi has been oddly diminished and, at points even trivialized in the past couple of seasons. There really isn't the same energy in those scenes as we once saw.

bacala2258 wrote:OK - I made it page 20. A lot of talk on this episode. One suttle thing that may have been mentioned in part...when Tony walks down into the kitchen, Meadow is his crutch, his support. Interesting symbolism in that and what it means for Tony's and Meadow's relationship.
Yeah, and then in classic Tony-in-front-of-the-guys fashion, he tells her to get him a scotch "and get one for yourself, too." He needs her support/approval, and then immaturely belittles her concern in front of his male peers/underlings. Every male mobster on this show has the emotional maturity level of a 12 year old, it seems.

And now that Paulie is orphaned and does not need to pay the 4K each month to Green Grove, Jason Barone won't have to give it to Paully, and can openly date Meadow without having to let her know that Paulie had been extorting him--giving him no ulterior motive for dating her in regards to financial advantage. In other words Tony would stop making Jason pay Paulie if he was seriously dating Meadow? Not that any guy would need an ulterior motvie to date Meadow- she is a brown-skinned sugarplum. Or if Tony finds this out he would be newly pissed at Paulie for going behind his back and disobeying him; and might sacrifice him in impending war?

Paully: "when my time comes, will I stand up?" Now that his Mom(s) are gone, he has no one else really in the world.

By the Way is her last name DiScala or Sigler? And is she married?
Don Scallop

"You Can't Kill me twice Sally Boy, I'm already fuckin' dead remember"

tomcat1020 wrote:And now that Paulie is orphaned and does not need to pay the 4K each month to Green Grove, Jason Barone won't have to give it to Paully, and can openly date Meadow without having to let her know that Paulie had been extorting him--giving him no ulterior motive for dating her in regards to financial advantage. In other words Tony would stop making Jason pay Paulie if he was seriously dating Meadow? Not that any guy would need an ulterior motvie to date Meadow- she is a brown-skinned sugarplum. Or if Tony finds this out he would be newly pissed at Paulie for going behind his back and disobeying him; and might sacrifice him in impending war?

Paully: "when my time comes, will I stand up?" Now that his Mom(s) are gone, he has no one else really in the world.

By the Way is her last name DiScala or Sigler? And is she married?
Her maiden name is Sigler. It was DiScala for a while because she was married to her manager, AJ Discala. Then after they divorced she went back to Sigler.
I always found it funny that she was married to someone named AJ.

Return to “Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi”