How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi - Grades and General Rev

17 pages of posts?! I'm a bit late! I'll keep it brief so I'm not completely repeating what has already been said.

For me, this episode is a 7/10. Not as good as "Walk Like A Man" but impressive nontheless.

I've got to admit, I was gutted at Chrissy's death although it was probably a necessity for the plot. For all his psychopathic, violent behaviour and constant relapsing he was hilarious. Michael Imperioli is a legend. I have loved his constant ranting and amusing one-liners throughout the series. He will be missed.

As far as Tony is concerned, he can burn in hell. Never have I felt so much hatred for him than in this episode. Chase has used this episode to 'justify' any demise for Tony. Before he snuffs it, he can tear Phils head off - the scene where he and Butchie were laughing about Chrissie's death was horrible.

R.I.P. Chris

jonelikate wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why, when Carm turned on the TV, it was showing an old interview with Dick Cavett (sp?) and Katharine Hepburn. Anyone know?
I'm not sure if you're wondering why this show from the 70's would pop up on TV today, or what the relevance is. If your question is the former, the old Dick Cavett Show is being shown again (on TCM, I believe). If the latter... I dunno. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Maybe the point of the clip was simply to remind us of how good talk shows used to be.

jonelikate wrote:Excuse me if this was already covered. I always like to figure out the connections between the storyline and what's on the Sopranos' television. I can't for the life of me figure out why, when Carm turned on the TV, it was showing an old interview with Dick Cavett (sp?) and Katharine Hepburn. Anyone know?
I think someone elsewhere pointed out that Hepburn was talking about how difficult she found it to act at times, that she would stumble badly and be very incompetent at it. Tony expresses to Melfi shortly afterward the difficulty he's having acting aggrieved because he simply doesn't feel it.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

dad1153 wrote: This much I know though: for Fly to question her loyalty to the Tony Soprano character's possibility for redemption (which, since its a possibility, should take into account the chances of Tony going either way) is a sign of just how far and dark Chase & Co. took the show (and all of us alongside with it) for the finale. Very much like the song/poem that opened Season 6A, we as viewers are caught into our version of hell as we watch our once-popular TV show tip-toe its way toward enlightened indifference toward conventional storytelling. :confused:

Well, GF II had a similar sort of "dark" theme and it has been heralded by many in the film industry as one of the top 10 best movies of all-time. Shakespear's tragic stories might be comparable as well.

Return to “Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi”