Re: Rank ALL EPISODES from #86 to #1

Alright, here goes... I copied another poster's list and just re-arranged them, but the last half is anything but precise... it gets to a point where it's hard to say one episode is better than the other! I plan to write a few words for some of the episodes, maybe eventually all...

Whoever Did This
Kennedy and Heidi
Made in America
Long Term Parking
Whitecaps
The Second Coming
All Due Respect
Amour Fou
The Blue Comet
Army of One
For All Debts Public and Private
House Arrest
Remember When
Members Only
University
Join the Club
Everybody Hurts
The Ride
Second Opinion
Calling All Cars
Employee of the Month
Soprano Home Movies
Funhouse
The Test Dream
Irregular Around the Margins
He Is Risen
Walk Like a Man
Eloise
Pine Barrens
Cold Stones
From Where to Eternity
The Strong, Silent Type
Bust-Out
The Weight
Proshai, Livushka
Stage 5
The Happy Wanderer
Watching Too Much Television
The Knight in White Satin Armor
Pie-O-My
In Camelot
Pilot
Commendatori
The Fleshy Part of the Thigh
All Happy Families...
No Show
Two Tonys
Kaisha
Another Toothpick
Big Girls Don't Cry
Isabella
Unidentified Black Males
D-Girl
To Save Us All From Satan's Power
Guy Walk Into a Psychiatrist's Office
Fortunate Son
Marco Polo
Mergers and Acquisitions
Live Free or Die
Nobody Knows Anything
The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti
Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request
Where's Johnny?
Denial, Anger, Acceptance
Mayham
College
Chasing It
Toodle-Fucking-Oo
The Telltale Moozadell
Down Neck
Full Leather Jacket
Johnny Cakes
Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood
I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano
A Hit is a Hit
Cold Cuts
Luxury Lounge
Do Not Resuscitate
Christopher
Sentimental Education
Pax Soprana
Moe n' Joe
Rat Pack
Meadowlands
46 Long
Boca
Last edited by misterie on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:14 am, edited 10 times in total.

Yes, been awhile since I've been on. Like Billy says, its not easy being a criminal mastermind and an art reviewer. As for the comments on this thread since my last posting, most cases I have a strong opinion on something that stays as is. However, I'm always flexible and open to agreeing with the contrary and these past few posts on this topic is quite the example. In regards to what you, zwingli, said in response to my take on 'Whoever Did This' and you, misterie, placing the episode at #3 on your list - both of you are right. Perhaps I should have it ranked higher and, yes zwingli come to think of it, the fact that the episode suddenly screeches to a halt and then slowly rolls the rest of the way focusing strictly on Tony & Christopher and the whole getting rid of the body and then how it ends....yeah, perhaps it should be higher on my list although, let's face it, being #22 on the list of Sopranos episodes is pretty darn stout!

I see we almost agree on MIA being #1, misterie, with you having it at #2. Pretty stout episodes you got near the top of the list. 'Kennedy and Heidi' an interesting choice for #1 and that's not meant in a bad way. Perhaps I should have it ranked quite higher on my own list. 'Stage 5', however IMHO, I respectfully feel may be ranked quite high. And 'Boca' #86? Wow, it's one of my favorites. Every Sopranos episodes at each and every turn be it subtle or direct has no shortage of comedy intertwined throughout but 'Boca' may very well be the series' most comical without it compromising all the other elements that make a Classic top-notch, multi-plotted Sopranos episode. Great list otherwise!

Zwingli, Detective, and Bing....I agree with you all that perhaps I have 'D-Girl' too high although it is at...#80, lol. Let's also consider that final (double) scene with Pussy crying upstairs in the bathroom under surveillance while Christopher makes his 'decision' outside before heading back inside....when I first saw the series, it was one of those significant moments when you're truly reminded what an amazing series it indeed is making you even less inclined than normal to wait for the next episode! Not enough to bring it into the #70s with all that Christopher/entertainment-biz stuff all about, but definitely worth a mention/reminder that that very scene is in that notorious episode. 'Second Opinion' too low? I agree with you all and see that you, misterie, has it ranked quite high. You're all correct. I should have had it ranked better. Just the fact that one of my favorite (one of the most important) scenes of the entire series is included near its ending should all by itself give it quite the boost (Carmella being told by the counselor something she now can't say she has never been told).

I made a spreadsheet and rated the episodes on a 1-10 scale (10 highest) in the following categories and used the average points to get a final score:

Overall opinion - just my strictly arbitrary view of the episode

Acting - self explanatory

Story - this is where I gauged the writing

Violence / Criminal Element - Again, self- explanatory

Big Developments - I scored episodes here based on if there was a big development or if it foreshadowed or laid the groundwork for future episodes

Character - I tried to measure how much insight the episode gave us into its characters

Here we go, episodes in bold are tied with the adjacent ones:

Whitecaps
Long Term Parking
The Blue Comet
Made In America
Whoever Did This
University
The Test Dream
Soprano Home Movies
Funhouse
Amour Fou
Walk Like A Man