Grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode Review and General Comments: 'Chasing It'

I dont see how they can go from those first 3 episodes this run, which were among the best episodes Ive ever seen, to this, which I can honestly say is the worst.

All I can say is that so many people here seem to have such amazingly different opinions from week to week as to which episodes are great and which are terrible. I can't understand how so many people think one episode is out of this world while others are just awful.

I certainly respect everyone's right to think any show is a zero while any other show is a ten. I'm just glad when people explain why they hold these opinions so I can get a chance to review things in my own mind and see if I must have missed something.

So many times, I have come to this forum thinking that a particular episode was either a ten or a zero or a one and my jaw would hit the floor when I read post after post from people who felt the opposite way.

I just want to say this place is so amazing in that you just almost never see any persona attacks of one person calling another an idiot because they disagreed.

I hold Fly largely responsible for that and again - just want to say, Thank you Fly.

I just want to say this place is so amazing in that you just almost never see any persona attacks of one person calling another an idiot because they disagreed.
One of the reasons I decided to sign up. Ive been lurking for a while around here. You are all pretty laid-back when it comes to disagreements.

While trying to keep the episode bashing to a minimum, Ill say that whenever Tony and Phil were talking near the beginning, I thought it was a dream. It just didnt flow and felt unnatural.

its also amazing that this same write was responsible for The Test Dream, which is one of my favorite episodes.

I too wasn't thrilled about this episode. The friction between Hesh and Tony is something we haven't seen in past episodes so that was a little interesting. I agree with the other members that stated the episode dealing with the gambling scenes was forced.

I don't know if Tony killed the girlfriend or not? The smug look on Tony's face tells me he did. I find it hypocritical of Tony to badmouth Hesh about paying him his money back. What would Tony do in that situation if someone owed him 200k? He knew he could fuck Hesh around because there wasn't a damn thing Hesh could do about it.

Wow, well obviously you I respect all of your opinions, no matter how different they are from my own. But I thought this episode was great. I don't know, maybe upon another viewing my mind will completely change. But I thought it showed some great moments and threw Tony into a completely new position with the gambling angle. I would say classifying him as an addict is going a bit far, when really he is just finding excitement through it. Yes he did fight with Carm about the issue, and if he continues I can see where it will become a problem. But the worst episode of any season? I am just astonished how I can think it is a great episode and many of you feel like it was a complete waste of an hour. Oh well! I will be interested to read all of your thoughts over the next week!

pitbullluv wrote:I too wasn't thrilled about this episode. The friction between Hesh and Tony is something we haven't seen in past episodes so that was a little interesting. I agree with the other members that stated the episode dealing with the gambling scenes was forced.

I don't know if Tony killed the girlfriend or not? The smug look on Tony's face tells me he did. I find it hypocritical of Tony to badmouth Hesh about paying him his money back. What would Tony do in that situation if someone owed him 200k? He knew he could fuck Hesh around because there wasn't a damn thing Hesh could do about it.

I kind of thought that Hesh's girlfriend just died, and that part with Tony giving Hesh the money afterwards was just showing that Tony didnt have emotion and was just about money anymore.

Notice how this episode was shot almost entirely hand-held, or with a loose camera head. The sense of unease was surely amplified by this.

The dutch angle of the bathroom door-frame was powerful, when Tony was trying to talk to Carmella who was in the bathroom.

The resolution with Hesch at the end, showed Tony coming out of Hesch's house on a static camera shot. This showed me that Tony had finally set something right, and the unease was gone.

Now the only question is, what assets did he liquify, or who did he steal from to get that money?

Return to “Episode 6.16: Chasing It”