Grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode Review and General Comments: 'Chasing It'

WhistlingInTheWheatfield wrote:I thought one of the most interesting scenes in this episode was when Tony was riding in the car being driven by that big bald guy, don't know his name. I guess he is one of the bodyguards, but he points out to Tony, "Isn't that those guys that used to hang around The Bing?" It was done very subtle, with Tony just staring out the window at them. I was just interested to know what everyone thought about this scene and where you think it could be heading?
not sure yet what the muslims that Tony saw has to do anything yet, but this was the big thing I noticed about the sequence. Tony hears the game score again for the game he bet on and lost. And yes, I believe this was not the first time he heard it. he would have been more upset if it was. But if you noticed, Tony was not happy or comfortable at all. His shirt was a little too tight around the collar, he was worrying how's he gonna set Marie Spatafore right with the money. Juxtapose ALL THAT with Tony agains the bald headed driver (forget his name) who is smiling, yes smiling, enjoying himself and the beautiful day without a care in the world. DAMN, HAPPY WANDERER!

I think HBO said she died of a stroke on its Sopranos website.

Why would they have her killed? It doesn't make sense. Tony whacks Renata to get back at Hesh because he owes Hesh money, then repays Hesh the money because Renata is dead?
just to piss all over Hesh would be a reason.'there take that money while i laugh in your face having fucked over your life'.

we never get to know and there isnt the slightest indication that there was foul play, but another stroke which was extremely helpful for tony comes to mind..
from the hbo site:

Ralph can't get over the fact that Tony hit him. By so doing, Tony violated one of the biggest taboos of this thing of ours: a made man never hits another made man. "Rules are rules," says Ralphie, and besides, he reasons, "all this over some dead whore?" As Ralph sees it, Tony owes him an apology, at the very least. "The money I put in his pocket...he should hit his knees."

But if Tony's going to hit anything, it's not going to be his knees. "He's lucky I didn't put one in his fuckin' head," he tells Silvio, "He disrespected the Bing." "So he's barred from the place," Silvio shrugs. But then Tony leans in and reveals the real source of his lingering animosity: "He bashed that poor kid's brains in." Tony can't forget Tracee - the "poor kid" who reminds him more than a little bit of his own daughter. Whatever his reasons for hitting Ralph, Silvio sternly advises Tony that he has two choices: "Make him disappear or make nice."

As it turns out, the universe solves that problem for Tony - unfortunately at Gigi Gestone's expense. When Gigi dies suddenly from a heart attack while on the toilet, his demise paves the way for a resolution. Tony awards the captaincy of Gigi's crew to Ralphie, thereby restoring peace to the Family.

For the time being, anyway.

but personally i dont really see how he had anything to do with it, the angel how tony got back to real values over his gambling stuff is more obvious than any murder to piss hesh off.

this might be a question for the high-def tv folk but when tony and carmella were fighting, I kept thinking how much whatever-that-thing-carmella-threw hurt when it hit tony because it looked heavy. it's hard to see what it is b/c you only see it for a breif moment, but it really looked like carmella's yadro (sp?) that was in the tv room when aj and devon pillsbury were making out on the couch. carmella made a comment like it cost $3000. interesting if it was the "yadro" considering how valuable carmella thought it was and she threw it away at tony.

bacala2258 wrote:this might be a question for the high-def tv folk but when tony and carmella were fighting, I kept thinking how much whatever-that-thing-carmella-threw hurt when it hit tony because it looked heavy. it's hard to see what it is b/c you only see it for a breif moment, but it really looked like carmella's yadro (sp?) that was in the tv room when aj and devon pillsbury were making out on the couch. carmella made a comment like it cost $3000. interesting if it was the "yadro" considering how valuable carmella thought it was and she threw it away at tony.
Guess she wanted her money's worth on the throw? I know, corny!:icon_biggrin:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

bacala2258 wrote:this might be a question for the high-def tv folk but when tony and carmella were fighting, I kept thinking how much whatever-that-thing-carmella-threw hurt when it hit tony because it looked heavy. it's hard to see what it is b/c you only see it for a breif moment, but it really looked like carmella's yadro (sp?) that was in the tv room when aj and devon pillsbury were making out on the couch. carmella made a comment like it cost $3000. interesting if it was the "yadro" considering how valuable carmella thought it was and she threw it away at tony.
I thought that, too. I believe "Lladro" is the correct spelling, and "Yadro" is the correct pronunciation. It was in the episode when Devin was at the house and Carmela was trying to impress her with her sophistication. I couldn't get a good enough view of it (even in HD) as she slung it at Tony, but it would be like the writing staff to make it so.
patriquem

I re-watched a few episodes at the end of Season 5 and just started to watch the first from Season 6. It's amazing how much I completely forgot from those episodes.

Remember in Season 6 "Members Only" when Eugene asks Tony if he can retire to Florida? He then goes home and his son is behaving a lot like AJ with the "shit sandwitches" (meaning he was talking back and using foul language to his parent(s)". Remember how Eugene picked up a big heavy glass ashtray (or maybe it was a candy dish?) and hurled it against a wall smashing it to bits? Amazing how I had completely blocked that from my mind. Things may not bode well for Carmella if we remember Eugene's fate.

Also, from the end of Season 5, did anyone else completely forget that Phil beat the crap out of one of the NJ guys? He fractured his skull and beat him so badly, he wound up in the hospital. But, I'm feeling a little vague as to how Johnny Sac managed to evade justice on the beating he gave to Ralphie's guy. How did he do that? Now, near the beginning of "Members Only", I see Tony, Chris and Vito and a few other of the NJ guys as well as the one guy who got his skull fractured by Phil are sitting out front of the Pork store and Phil comes by to talk with Vito. I don't understand this at all. How come the guy who took the beating from Phil just sits there? Isn't he entitled to dish out some vengence against Phil?

And how did Phil escape LCN justice on the beating he gave to Tony's guy? It was a serious thing - a fractured skull. I want to see some payback. If the LCN rules say it's a big no-no for any made guy to raise their hand to any other made guy, how did Phil escape justice on that beating?

It was Benny who got beat up by Phil. He took a beating twice last year, getting beaten by Phil and later getting his @ss kicked by Artie. Benny enjoyed torching Phil's wire room at sheepshead and seeing "the shah" and his "skifooza" kcocked on their @ss outside the place.

Benny was beaten up while Phil was actively looking for retaliation, but Vito wasn't dead yet. After Vito got whacked, Tony and Sil discussed a way to get back at Phil without "going to the mattresses" and decided that Phil loves money most, so they would take out an earning asset. Remember that New York has hundreds of soldiers and any all out war with New Jersey would end badly for NJ.

BY the way, where is Artie? We have not seen him in 6B so far. Tony hasn't offended him yet. Will Artie lead Tony out of the life as he did away from the mob in "the test dream"?

When are we going to get the word on what happened to Murmur? He was like one of the guys, even eating in the back room at the Bing. He was involved in the credit card scam with the Arabs, who are either a giant red herring or a plot line in process.

splishak - Benny (the guy Phil beat up) didn't have the right to retaliate because he was not made at that time. he was on the run with Christopher as I recall because Phil threatened revenge on another one of Tony's relatives if he didn't deliver Tony B. to him after he killed Phil's brother Billy...I think that's right. I know definitely Benny was not made because it was in the hospital that Tony said he would propose getting him his button aka being made. Plus, at the time Phil visited Tony at Satriales with Vito and his new suit, Benny at the most was just a soldier (assuming he was made by then) compared to Phil's street boss status of a NY family while Johnny Sac was in the can. He has no leverage.

Return to “Episode 6.16: Chasing It”