Re: Situation with bobby shooting.

2drama wrote:bobby is a made man , i am sure he commited murder before in his role in the soprano family

remember when he shot the rapper (lol) bobbi
Since both Tony and Bobby confirm this, how can you question this fact?

I did think it was funny when Bobby was trying to convince the rapper to let him shoot him by saying "I'm a marksman".

Splishak wrote:I wonder if he might have shot Harpo?

If so, I hope Janice gets so distraught that she puts a bullet into her brain. She just ruins the whole series for me.
That angle is intriguing. When meeting with the Canadians, Bobby said something that I believe was meant to be a clue or one of Chase's wild goose chases. He said something to the effect, "Take a child from his mother? What kind of a person could do that?". I think the answer is, a person who's mother abandoned them, i.e. Janice's child Harpo (Hal).

My questions are:

In Janice's biography on HBO, they say she married a French-Canadian named Eugene. Why is his last never never mentioned?

In Season 5, Episode 62 "Cold Cuts", Tony taunts Janice with the remark, "What's French-Canadian for 'I grew up without a mother?". Was that remark planted for a later purpose?

In Soprano Home Movies credits, they list the name of the kid Bobby shot as "Rene LeCours", played by Marc Bonan. Why did they bother to list his first and last name? Why not "the kid Bobby shot. Nobody mentioned his name during the show.

The kid Marc Bonan who played Rene LeCours. He looks Italian, no? (Although his father was an Egyptian Jew and his Mother was Romanian.) He could pass for an offspring of one of the Turturros. And they spent a lot of time teasing out his hair so it looked frizzy during a very long close up of him. Was that so everybody could see a family resemblance in him? Why this kid? My father's family was from Quebec and none of them look like this kid. Very a-typical French Canadian.

In the Soprano Family tree in Answers Please, they have Harpo as being born in 1982, so he'd be approx. 25 years old. This Bonan kid is 27. Close enough?

Marc Bonan

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:That angle is intriguing. When meeting with the Canadians, Bobby said something that I believe was meant to be a clue or one of Chase's wild goose chases. He said something to the effect, "Take a child from his mother? What kind of a person could do that?". I think the answer is, a person who's mother abandoned them, i.e. Janice's child Harpo (Hal).
I think this is just Chase's mischeivous side. I've heard that he's found some of the most elaborate, far-reaching analyses put forth by fans quite amusing. I feel the coincidence of making this guy a French Canadian, about Harpo's age, and embroiled in a custody battle to take a kid from his mother is Chase baiting a hook to see if he can get anyone to bite. To me it appears a deliberate coincidence but only to serve as an inside joke.

We're talking something along the lines of coincidental DNA match probabilities for this kid to be Harpo, and that kind of improbability is far too much of a contrivance to be Chase's style. He's already done one episode that featured improbable coincidences that led nowhere -- when Meadow met Saskia Kupferberg and Elliot came across Tony in the parking garage of Columbia. I think that's as improbable as he's willing to go.:icon_wink:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: The Aftermath of Bobby's First Kill

I skimmed through without reading every post, but I think Bobby is safe from any DNA findings. Even if they have his DNA...

#1. It happened in Canada. How likely is it that an investigation will lead them to Bobby in New Jersey.

#2. Bobby hasn't killed before so what do they have to cross reference the DNA evidence with?

I'm not aware of any criminal record on Bobby's part. (If I'm wrong, tell me). Maybe if he gets pinched for something in the future, he would have a bigger chance of this catching up with him, but for now, IMO, I would say he is safe.

Return to “Episode 6.13: Soprano Home Movies”