How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 2.09: From Where to Eternity - Grades & General

Billyv wrote:I just read Fly's appreciation of Michael Imperioli's performance as Christopher, under the thread Top 5 Performances, so it is now very clear that it was the character of Chris that was disliked,not the portrayal.
That's correct. Michael's acting contributions were absolutely stellar IMO. And I'm sure if Chris had been the center of the show, and more time had been devoted to delving into his background and why he turned out the way he did, I would have had more compassion for his character (I think I'd have more anyway if I were watching the series for the first time today because I'm just a more mature, less judgmental person than I was nearly 13 years ago when I started watching the show.) But between Gandolfini's uncanny ability to communicate Tony's inner "wounded child" and the way the writing gave you a more complete picture of Tony's developmental influences, it was just much easier for me to "love" Tony than Christopher, even though there was very little to separate them in terms of objective, outer behavior.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Episode 2.09: From Where to Eternity”