Re: Made In America: The Countdown Begins

Houston Chronicle Q&A with Dr. Glen Gabbard, consultant to "The Sopranos" writers, actress Lorraine Bracco and author of Fly's favorite bedtime reading material The Psychology of the Sopranos: Love, Death, Desire and Betrayal in America's Favorite Gangster Family :icon_mrgreen: - http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/tv/4873784.html. Also, Houston Chronicle's TV critic Mike McDaniel pays his respect to the nearly departed and lists his favorite aspects/nuisances from the show: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/tv/4870730.html.

180 minutes to go... :icon_neutral:

PFloyd69 wrote:Sopranos Tour Bus??

Is there a tour in NY/NJ that takes you to all the filming sites? That'd be pretty cool. And also, if that is the case, where are the places that you visited?
Yeah, check this tour out...
http://www.sceneontv.com/tour.php/sopranos/
I went on it prior the beginning of the fifth season. It lasts a couple of hours and goes to quite a few of the shooting locations. I walked around inside the Bada Bing ;-) and hung out outside Satriale's, among other places. Anyhow, the tour guide I had is a regular "stand-in" that is used by the show, so he has some great insight into the show.

Having typed a 6, 7-sentence post to this thread about 10 minutes ago, and just as I was finishing, BOOM! I had one of our **frequent in this area** split-second power outages!!

My heart leapt (and that's not good, being a heart patient)!!
Such happened to me just this past Friday, and it took me two hours to get one of my TVs (where I record The Sopranos) back in operation.

Anyway, they are back now - Thank God!!..

I remember saying that I had a very quick visit around 5:20 p.m. (CDT) from your "Boss", who came to bring me a pot of her homemade Italian spaghetti and a wonderful "Olive Garden" style green salad. I was COMPLETELY surprised! She (along with her sis and her young niece)) were here for only about 10 minutes, and then off they went. I asked her WHY IN THE WORLD was she taking such a chance to bring me food when the show would be on in about 2 andf 1/2 hour!! I told her what if she had car trouble going back?? [They were actually in her sis' car - which she - FOMW - gave her as a Chrismas present this past December(!) and Melanie was driving.] But of course, this is FAR and AWAY not the **first** time she has done some great, unselfish, loving thing for me.

Anyway, I am on pins and needles! Haven't felt like this since my last public piano recital. [And "playing" into this anxiety is the REAL possibility that I might have another outage! Oh woe, woe, WOE!]

Somehow, I also have the feeling that something bad is going to happen to Carmela. IF it does, I hope it's not something horrible (or accidentally gruesome). I have read no spoiler' to this effect, but I did read FOMW's thoughts about this.

Just 90 minutes, now!! [Here in NW Florida, on CDT]

Ok, well I am going to start my final (new) Sopranos dinner, ever. So, I will talk to you guys about it all in a couple of hours! I will be around afterwards, for as long as people are hanging on this board, and hope many of you decide to stick around, even after the hype of this last episode wears off. But if I don't, for whatever reason, thanks for being a part of The Chase Lounge and enjoy the final episode of David Chase's masterpiece!

60 little minutes to go!

I think I am going to turn my ringer OFF at ten to 8.(CST)

I don't remember this much excitement since 11:45 pm about to see the midnight 'opening night' showing of Lord of the Ring's - Return of the King...lol

(my Preciousssssss)
I didn’t want to show crime pays, I didn’t want to show crime doesn’t pay...David Chase on the ending

One hour to go and I'm half way through Pine Barrens as I type. Although this was not one of my favorites, I'm watching it once again. Don't know why, but I never did care for the episodes with Gloria Trillo.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

Return to “Satriale's Meet Market”