Re: LET US KNOW WHERE YOU ARE FROM AND A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSE

Hi all,

I registered already in january, so it's about darn time I'd introduce myself.
I'm a Dutch fan of the Sopranos, live in Amsterdam (yes all the clichés are true).

I try to run a Dutch fansite (see sig) which is hard given the fact that the series has a very low viewers record, basically due to the fact that's broadcasted by a public 'open' channel. This means it can only be viewed very late in the evening (because of nudity, swearing, violence). It's not been promoted and Dutch tv in general is in a severe state of erosion. Competition is though (there are ten open nationwide tv-stations that all want a piece of the same small market, being 17 million Dutch viewers), so we get overflood by stupidity shows most of them manufactured by Dutch tv-tycoon John de Mol (inventor of brilliant shows like Big Brother and Fear Factor).

I'd hope and will try to particpate more. But English not being my mother tongue it's hard to say something that actually sounds intelligent. I must say I;m impressed by some of the eloquent remarks I've read here. Things I really miss in discussions over here, where people, if they even know the show, consider The Sopranos just another mob series.

Love the new outlook of this forum btw.

Cheers!
http://www.dutchsopranos.net

First let me say I cannot wait for 2007!

I live about 30 miles NW of Chicago in a small town named Crystal Lake. I didn't start watching The Sopranos until season 3. I went and bought the Seasons 1-2, so I could catch up quick! I guess you could say I lived a sheltered life since I had never truly watched *any Mafia type movies. When I finally watched Goodfellas, and all three Godfather movies, you could say I finally crawled out of the darkness...lol

I think I enjoyed this show because of the complex way David Chase describes each character's struggle of good versus evil; right versus wrong. I am intrigued with how faith was weaved into Tony's recovery. Is this a sign of Tony changing, or just another example that we are our choices?

One more thing about me. I love to discuss every episode. I probably watch the Sunday episode 3 times by the Tuesday after. So I am always up for chat!

abutterflyloves is my yahoo handle... feel free to chat anytime!

Welcome to the forum, Cassata.

To attempt to duplicate what we've done for seasons 5 and 6 when those episodes were in first runs and generating a lot of discussion, we'll be starting individual forums for each episode in the near future (beginning with the pilot). I expect the Chase Lounge will see some new posters in January when A & E starts airing the series and a much wider audience has access to the show. It figures to be a good time to renew discussions about all the old episodes and a perfect way to build toward the last season.

In the meantime there's a huge backlog of posts that you can peruse and reply to as desired. A thread, no matter how old, can only benefit from new perspectives.:icon_biggrin:

New Here

Hello

After a few months of lurking, I've decided to join the forum. I love the posts and all the insights you have.

I really enjoy this show and look forward to getting to know you all.

Jana:icon_biggrin:

Re: New Here

Welcome from me as well, Jana.:smile: I hope you get the chance to look around and see what is going on here, though not much at present. Things will surely pick up given time. There are, however, a few active threads that I hope you will take a look at and get involved with until we see the new portion of season 6.:icon_biggrin: I hope you enjoy this excellent place that Fly has established for us Sopranos fans.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Welcome, Grim Reaper. And great to hear the show has you hooked. It can do that, so I am told. :icon_wink:

I hope you enjoy this place as Fly has put a lot of effort into giving us all an excellent board to discuss this incredible show. Take a look around and enjoy all the different threads and discussions. It's a little slow right now, but things will definitely pick up as we get closer to the second half of season 6.

Thanks for joining up. :cool:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

The Grim Reaper wrote:Hi, I'm new here. I love the Sopranos. I've only recently gotten into the show, but now I'm hooked. I'm trying to get through the first 5 seasons before the new season starts. can't wait.

Welcome, Grim Reaper. I get jealous when someone tells me they are just discovering the Sopranos. Makes me want to see it for the first time all over again. In fact, if there was a method for obtaining and controlling highly specific amnesia, I would sign up in an instant just so I could hear AJ say anew, "What? No fucking ziti?" in front of a priest.

The good news is the episodes are even better about the next 5 times you watch them.:icon_mrgreen:

What episodes are you viewing right now?

Return to “Satriale's Meet Market”