Teeth

This was mentioned on another thread, but I thought I'd start one dedicated directly to it. There were a bunch mentioned, but I'll just list a few and let others fill in the some more.

1) Ep. "University" Tracie's braces - I just caught this one last night rewatching Season 3. She's trying to get her teeth straightened out. Has a great body, but marron, those chompers.

2) Skip Lupari in "Knight in White Satin Armor" - When Pussy calls him, he's getting his teeth cleaned.

3) "Isabella" - she's a dental student.

Re: Teeth

Finn is a dental student

Tony losing teeth in Test Dream

The tooth in Tony's pants after knocking out Coco's teeth

Silvio's dentist has an office in the same building as Melfi's

Junior has no teeth in MIA
You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.

In Remember When, the bookie they dug up which was Tony's first killed could be identified by his teeth. Also in either chasing it or remember when, when the two old guys were talking about busting Junior out, they suggested he make a dental appointment outside the facility.

Just found another one. Army of One - right after Vito walks into their hangout and gives a knowing look to Ralph that he's just killed Jackie, Ralph hangs up on Rosalie and digs his tooth brush out of his desk (sorry for the run on sentence)

Geeez- another great catch, madribub! First, cleaning out important but expendable members of the family, and then further - after talking to the unsuspecting Rosalie, bringing out the instrument used for cleaning out teeth- also important, but expendable if necessary.

badabellisima wrote:Geeez- another great catch, madribub! First, cleaning out important but expendable members of the family, and then further - after talking to the unsuspecting Rosalie, bringing out the instrument used for cleaning out teeth- also important, but expendable if necessary.
Well I started rewatching the series a couple of weeks ago and I'm really looking for the teeth symbolism.

My interpretation is a bit different than your bada. I thought it was just simply needing to get a bad taste of his mouth - lies, etc.

Return to “Sopranos Symbolism and Subtext”