Grenade

I just thought of this, I'm not sure which season it is in and I don't have all the seasons to rewatch but perhaps somebody could find this information out. Inside the Sopranos home is a hidden compartment, the one Carmela got the AK-47 out of in episode 1. Later on, possibly in Season 1 when they have to do house cleaning, that compartment is opened again and a grenade is see in there. Later in another one of the seasons, the compartment is opened and the grenade is not there anymore. Just digging for something here, perhaps Tony brought along that grenade or two along with his AR-15 for the finale. If anyone knows what i'm talkin' about please post.

Re: Grenade

Tonysbodyguard wrote:I just thought of this, I'm not sure which season it is in and I don't have all the seasons to rewatch but perhaps somebody could find this information out. Inside the Sopranos home is a hidden compartment, the one Carmela got the AK-47 out of in episode 1. Later on, possibly in Season 1 when they have to do house cleaning, that compartment is opened again and a grenade is see in there. Later in another one of the seasons, the compartment is opened and the grenade is not there anymore. Just digging for something here, perhaps Tony brought along that grenade or two along with his AR-15 for the finale. If anyone knows what i'm talkin' about please post.

I'm pretty sure it was just a screw up...a little insignificant blip on the sopranos radar that the fans have snowballed into a giant issue over the years. Not you per say, but I've seen this grenade discussed to death on different forums over the years.

Tonysbodyguard wrote:I just thought of this, I'm not sure which season it is in and I don't have all the seasons to rewatch but perhaps somebody could find this information out. Inside the Sopranos home is a hidden compartment, the one Carmela got the AK-47 out of in episode 1. Later on, possibly in Season 1 when they have to do house cleaning, that compartment is opened again and a grenade is see in there. Later in another one of the seasons, the compartment is opened and the grenade is not there anymore. Just digging for something here, perhaps Tony brought along that grenade or two along with his AR-15 for the finale. If anyone knows what i'm talkin' about please post.

I have been a long time reader, but had to finally register after I saw this post. The reason is, that I just watched the first Episode in Season 5 (Two Tony's), which is the episode with the bear in the backyard. When Benny comes over to protect Carmela and AJ, they open up the compartment to get him the gun, and the grenade IS in there.

Ha, i remember laughing when i first saw the pilot because of the grenade. I was thinking, "What situation is this guy going to find himself in that he needs to use a grenade?" I think it was just put there for shock value.

It's interesting though, that when Carmella went to retrieve the gun that she put under her pillow, they made a point on focusing on the area where the grenade was, so I believe that it was intentionally done. Knowing now it didn't play out any further, however it certainly was done to make the viewer think of what could possibly be at some point in a future episode.

My First thought was that maybe Benny had taken it, as he was the only one there when Carmella got him the gun that he used for the family's protection... who knows though really....

Return to “The Kitchen Sink”