could tony be an informant

i know this may have been covered before, but i have started watching all the dvd's again and a crazy thought just came to me...

could tony actually have been flipped when he met the FBI in 'i dream of jeanie...' ? with the purpose of bringing down the whole NY Lupertazzi family (a bigger fish than the soprano/demeo crew).

it could go someway to explaining agent harris' exclamation when Phil gets clipped.

i know its unlikely, but maybe worthy of discussion...

Re: could tony be an informant

Pussy_Malanga wrote:i know this may have been covered before, but i have started watching all the dvd's again and a crazy thought just came to me...

could tony actually have been flipped when he met the FBI in 'i dream of jeanie...' ? with the purpose of bringing down the whole NY Lupertazzi family (a bigger fish than the soprano/demeo crew).

it could go someway to explaining agent harris' exclamation when Phil gets clipped.

i know its unlikely, but maybe worthy of discussion...
It's an interesting therory, and if we learned anything from the ending it's that anything could have happened in the following days, weeks or months after the final scene.

I have a feeling that if Chase would be confronted with the question, he would either say "no" or "it doesn't matter", lol.

The reaction of agent harris was a nod to a real life life event when in a similar situation one family got to another first and killed a boss. I believe the agent was called di vecchio or something (he was later fired) i find it hard to believe that tony was a witness because of all that things that happened, after all the feds did try to flip him through out the series even when he was alone, would they arrest him as much as they did? (the fbi even moaned to local cops about "that popcorn fart" with the dropped gun, would they bother planting a bug in the lamp on an already informant?, after all what happened in season 2 with pussy, tony did his upmost to keep his family rat free, I think like in real life the feds and the mob have close links and like in the sopranos worked together to try and stop terrorism and in return help tony stay alive. I dont believe it was more than that. I also think it would have come to light one way or another david chase liked to leave somethings a mystery but tony being a rat would have been one if not the biggest story line in the show, i could go on forever also the season two idea that had to be canned about livia testifing against tony (that wouldnt happen if he was with the fbi too) because nancy merchard died. But thats just my opinion.

good points vecchia.

I am currently doing an episode a day at the moment, and almost in every episode you can find something that 'seems' to be related to the final episode. maybe I am reading too much into it.

I agree that T as a snitch is a bit of a stretch, but i am increasingly thinking that there is something happening in this show which isnt really obvious on the surface. quite what that is, i havent a clue !!

good to see this forum still attracts some attention.

Return to “The Kitchen Sink”