Goodbye Section!

With the end of the show rapidly approaching I would like to see a section on this board where people can say goodbye to everyone as well as talk about what future shows they will be watching. It seems sad to think how many people I'll never hear from again after the Sopranos ends. If there was a section called 'say goodbye' or something similar I think it would help give closure to this unique time in all of our lives.

C'mon who's with me?

Re: Goodbye Section!

I'm not sure an entire section is necessary, Rike. But I definitely feel like there should be a thread or two to say goodbye to the show, which I think should be started a little closer to the end. The Chase Lounge will stay open after the show ends, but I do agree that, unfortunately, there will be posters who will choose to leave the forum at that time. So again, closer to the date, you or someone can start a thread to exchange goodbyes and well wishes, and trade contact info (emails, addresses, etc).

I, however, plan to stick around after the show is wrapped up.

That's a very good idea, Rike. I'm not sure where to put it, but for sure a sticky thread should go in one of the forums, perhaps the Meet Market with a handy link or perhaps even the Proshai, Sopranos forum, since it's also about saying goodbye to the show.

I'd say after episode 7 would be a good time. There will be a two week break until episode 8. That second week will give a lot of time for this kind of posting.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

I'm not going anywhere until Fly bans me.

Even then, I will send my ghost back and haunt all you all.

I intend to hang around here and stalk all of youse until there is something else on TV worth watching. And from my perspective, that could be a very long time.

You know, I'd be willing to pay for something good to watch. Even if it's only almost as good as The Sopranos. Wait! What am I saying? I do pay. My cable bill is $115 every month. And there still is nothing good to watch.

What kind of world is this where you pay $115 every month and there is only one good show on and it's being cancelled?

They were showing reruns on a station here in Canada and I was very happy cuz I was so looking forward to them re-broadcasting Luxury Lounge. The first time it was broadcast, something went wrong with my recording and I lost the scene where Artie fires Martina. Well, today I learned that the cable company is not rerunning any of Season 6. They just go up to the end of Season 5 and then are starting over again with the very first season.

So, I guess it's good news for anyone in Canada who wants to record the first 5 seasons. The station is called "TLN" and it's on channel 835 in Toronto.

But what are we going to do now when The Sopranos are cancelled? I'm really not ready to get a real life. Boy, does this suck!

Yeah as long as this site is up, I'm gonna hang around talking about Sopranos. This show is so great that I never tire of watching past episodes. You can anaylize most of these episodes in so many different ways. It's like you notice something new or different everytime you watch an episode.

So farewell Sopranos, but long live The Chase Lounge!

WhistlingInTheWheatfield wrote:Yeah as long as this site is up, I'm gonna hang around talking about Sopranos. This show is so great that I never tire of watching past episodes. You can anaylize most of these episodes in so many different ways. It's like you notice something new or different everytime you watch an episode.

So farewell Sopranos, but long live The Chase Lounge!
You know years ago I was on alt.tv.er. It was a great little place to talk about ER. There were several great people that wrote episode reviews, and they were awesome. I would love to be a part of something like that here.
I didn’t want to show crime pays, I didn’t want to show crime doesn’t pay...David Chase on the ending

Return to “Request a Sitdown (Pre-2016)”