Which Style do you Prefer for this Message Board?

Makes no Difference to Me (No votes)
Total votes: 0

Is the Look of this Forum too Dark for You?

I know this does not (strictly-speaking) deserve its own thread but I hope you will allow it because I'd like to notify both old and new members about this up front.

I found the dark (black on gray) default style of the forum to be very cool and appropriate for a forum dealing with the mob. But after a short time, it was just too difficult to read.

So, I'd like to notify people there is a way to choose a different style that is much whiter and brighter.

Just look at the lower left corner of the screen and you will see a "drop-down box" that contains several choices such as: Fusion, Conventional, Default, etc.

For the White Bright look, choose Conventional and see how you like that.

By the way, this method of choosing a style is instantaneous and completely safe. It is one of the nicest features I've seen because it is so fast and also perfectly safe. So, if you are interested, give it a try and try a few different syles and see which one you like best?

If you like one style better than the others, please complete the following poll so that Fly can see the feedback?

Re: Is the Look of this Forum too Dark for You?

know this does not (strictly-speaking) deserve its own thread but I hope you will allow it because I'd like to give returning members as well as new members a chance to see this up front.

I found the dark (black on gray) default style of the forum to be very cool and appropriate for a forum dealing with the mob. But after a short time, it was just too difficult to read.

So, I'd like to emphasize to people there is a way to choose a different style that is much whiter and brighter.

Just go down to the lower left corner of the screen and you will see a "drop-down box" that contains several choices such as: Phusion, Conventional, Default, etc.

For the White Bright look, choose Conventional and see how you like that.

If you like one style better than the other, please take a minute to complete the following poll:

Regarding dark look of forum: when i cut & pasted some of my wording for the final hints on the trivia question, everything looked fine. But when i logged in at work to check for responses, it defaulted to the dark look as an un-logged in visitor, which would be o.k., --except that when i checked my final hint post, all the font was then black on the dark grey background and was almost impossible to read. Somehow it didn't turn it into the white font on dark background. So now i highlighted and changed my whole final post to blue so it will show up even for a non-member guest logged into the dark look. i am wondering if non-members and guests who log in might not be aware of the skin choices or the little box to check, and will be unwilling to hang in there with the board if its too difficult to read. They would have had to go into the more detailed threads to know about the solution, which is unlikely they would know to look there. Maybe we need to post a tip about options in viewing the site right up front at the top of the board.

jimmythefish82 wrote:I just very quickly wanted to add that I prefer the dark tones, I think it is very inkeeping with the style of the show. I have had no problem reading the text of any post I've come across so far... :cool:
I use the conventional colors (white, blue, light blue). I value my eyesight more so than I do keeping up with the style of the show. :icon_eek:
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

Wow! My first impression is that it is beautiful.

I really like the pictures too!

Thanks Fly! A big hug to you. (or a small one if you prefer).

One problem though. On my machine, I use a maximized window and it seems to chop off about 25 percent of the margins on the left and right. It's as if you lose 25% of the space to read posts.

Alternatively, it's as if the windows are all squeezed horizontally inwards by about 25%. Hope that describes it well enough to be understood.

Return to “Request a Sitdown (Pre-2016)”