A Prequel?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/82d852e1 ... equel-idea
The idea of a prequel to "The Sopranos" intrigues series creator David Chase, but if that were to happen, he envisions it as atypical.

The 69-year old show runner says he wouldn't mind exploring the era before the show began.

"Even if I did it, it wouldn't be 'The Sopranos' that was on the air — obviously at least one person is gone that we would need," he says. "There are a couple of eras that would be interesting for me to talk about, about Newark, New Jersey. One would be (the) late '60s, early '70s, about all the racial animosity, or the beginning, the really true beginning of the flood of drugs."

Re: A Prequel?

Surprised no one has discussed this yet since it appeared in the news when Chase hinted it. Myself I would love to see a prequel showing the characters in their early years. It would be best as a mini series in my opinion, written and directed by Chase of course. I guess he would go back to this if his next HBO project, Ribbon of dreams, sees the light of day.
"I use the technique of positive visualization. How come I always feel undermined?"

Return to “Sopranos in the News”