Re: USA TODAY has DVD update

Unless they come up with some commentary on episodes like The Test Dream, I'm satisfied with what I got. I already paid upwards of $300 for those 7 season sets.
Yeah, I'm hoping the episodes themselves get some extra treatment. I already own everything on dvd, so I don't need to get them all packaged in a giant box, even if I sell my old sets to make up the cost of the collector's set. I'm certainly intrigued by the extra disks, but I'm going to try every other avenue to see those extras before even considering buying the whole monstrosity. Hopefully they end up on netflicks or Blockbusters...

clancy, you just inspired me. i think i WILL sell all my individual boxed sets so i can justify the price of the new complete set! :icon_biggrin:

meanwhile- i-tunes is supposed to have the Sopranos eps available for download- but its at $2.99 per episode. But i really like the idea of having the sopranos on hand at all times, especially if i get stuck in a long commute- makes the time fly. Same with Rome. So compelling.

badabellisima wrote:clancy, you just inspired me. i think i WILL sell all my individual boxed sets so i can justify the price of the new complete set! :icon_biggrin:

meanwhile- i-tunes is supposed to have the Sopranos eps available for download- but its at $2.99 per episode. But i really like the idea of having the sopranos on hand at all times, especially if i get stuck in a long commute- makes the time fly. Same with Rome. So compelling.
I did that same thing for Six Feet Under. There was an awesome Complete Series Box Set which came out after I had purchased all 5 seasons. I sold them all on E-Bay, and made out pretty well. I think I ended up actually making money, since I pre-ordered the huge set from Amazon and save 40% or so.

What's up with THAT! Would Gandolfini be holding out for another big future set when he decides to make a commentary or write a book of his own? How could they not have him in there?! Now i'm suspicious about the whole deal!

Based on past experiences, this just sounds like par for the course with Gandolfini. He's the only cast member of any significance to never do a episode commentary, and I've never actually seen him do any kind of live interview. A couple years back there was a Larry King show with most of the main cast members, except for Gandolfini. King kept asking about him and they kept saying "Jimmy is painfully shy."

It's weird, but I really think he's one of those handful of actors who dislike giving interviews because they don't want their real selves to distract people when they watch their characters. He has given a regular amount of print interviews, so maybe he's more worried about people visibly seeing and hearing him as James Gandolfini with his non-Joisey accent, etc.

Return to “Sopranos in the News”