Re: Episode descriptions for new episodes (spoilers?)

Fly has generally considered what HBO suggests as episode descriptions as non-spoilers, but I would be careful with posting that stuff just yet. Of course, The Boss will have final say.

And janicezany - that seems entirely unrelated to this discussion. Probably best to place that elsewhere.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

A refresher of what I, in the absence of any formal or universal standard, have defined to be a spoiler for purposes of this board:
Spoiler - Any rumor, news article, speculation, or other material purporting to disclose or founded upon plot details of episodes that have not yet aired on HBO or have not been published as part of official HBO promotional material. This means that previews and official episode descriptions from HBO.com are fair game and are not considered spoilers. If you aren't sure whether something is a spoiler, err on the side of caution and consider it one.
We've never considered episode descriptions spoilers. Even going back to the Sopranoland days, Ivy would post the description for each ep in the new forum before the ep had aired. It's the same material that would appear by an episode name in a TV Guide or in an electronic guide on DirecTV or digital cable. HBO provides the desrciptions to those outlets weeks in advance, and they are typically available to the public at least a couple of weeks in advance (IIRC, you can get the descriptions for a full month's episodes on the HBO schedule by the first of that month).

These are from the network in Canada that airs HBO material nationally, and thus it's safe to assume these originated at HBO. I do not consider them spoilers.

Beyond that, however, jouster clearly described the content of the post, parenthetically included a question about whether it would be considered a spoiler, and reminded readers in the first line what he was about to share. Anyone proceeding to read beyond that point is solely responsible for exposing him/herself to the material.

As a further reminder, major spoilers cannot be posted anywhere but in the dedicated spoiler forum. Minor spoilers can be included in other threads so long as ample warning and opportunity to avoid the spoiler material is given to the reader. To distinguish "major" from "minor" spoilers, and for a full statement of spoiler definitions and policies, see the announcement at the top of every forum.

JohnnySoprano, I understand wanting to see the shows totally blind. But if this show has proved anything, it's that you will only know the significance or truth of a title or episode description AFTER you've seen the episode. You've not learned anything in this thread that should ruin your viewing experience.

All the same, draw your line in the sand and stick to it. Don't give in to the temptations of the dreaded spoiler forum.:icon_wink:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Cool news! The directors are now listed in the episode summaries on the HBO site. They are Tim Van Patten for "Soprano Home Movies" and "Chasing It," Alan Taylor for "Stage 5," but most exciting of all is long-time cinematographer Phil Abraham directing "Remember When." I can only assume that Alik Sakharov will also be helming an episode. And we know that David Chase is directing the final episode. So that's three episodes not spoken for. I'd guess Steve Buscemi would do one, unless his schedule didn't permit. And there are a few other long-time directors who probably would fill the other slots: Allen Coulter, Henry J. Bronchtein, Jack Bender. Who knows, maybe even Peter Bogdanovich again.

Return to “Season 6, Part 2, Non Spoiler-Based Speculation/Discussion”