Re: HUGE SPOILER

<hr />I've read the first part of the Salon article and it is a collection of peoples' predictions as to what may happen in the rest of the series. I didn't find these predictions to be any more or less valid than the predictions made by members of this forum. But I very much enjoyed reading them.

Most of the opinions I read seem to have an almost professional writing style and it leaves me wondering who are these people and how did Salon find them?

Perhaps they got thousands of responses and chose the best dozen or so for inclusion in this article. That might explain why they seem to be so well written. Or perhaps I just have a suspicious mind.

I would suspect that someone at Salon either edited or polished these predictions, though I can't be sure of that and I'm certainly not accusing Salon of any wrongdoing. I only read the first few pages and enjoyed them very much. I don't think there would be anything wrong with Salon editing these peoples' writing, although I would have liked to see them state that they did that. I guess I need to say that I haven't yet read the entire article and maybe they do say something about that later on.

I think the members of this board have done a great job of explaining why some of these predictions are extremely unlikely. For example, there is more than one prediction that AJ will be stepping up to take his rightful place in the mob and I've seen the members of this board clearly debunk that as just plain silly.

One of the predictions interested me, though. It was that the two Arabs who are buying stolen credit card info from Chris' sponsor are actually feds under cover and that will lead to the arrest of Chris and maybe Tony as well as a trial.

I recall an early episode this season when Chris was being really stupid and talking shop with the Feds. Remember his telling them words to the effect that Tony despises terrorists? More importantly, the context and tone of that conversation was that Tony had an almost maniacal hatred of Terrorists. Well, given that, does it seem reasonable the Feds would then target Tony by establishing some fake terrorists and trying to plant them in his midst?

It seems to me, that's just ridiculous and a more likely scenario would be to let Tony discover these two fake terrorists and try to bust him for arranging to do some harm to them - not by having his people do some business with them. It's just seems to be the opposite approach of the one the feds should be using.

I might have bought this prediction had it not been for the exchange between Chris and the feds. Perhaps I'm not seeing something, but doesn't it make sense that the feds would react to what Chris told them and use it somehow to wreak destruction on Chris and possibly Tony? How is this scenario doing that? Doesn't the setup of fake terrorists just work against Tony's feelings towards terrorist?

Again, this is just someone's prediction. It may well be that the two Arabs are not feds and there may be no connection at all between Chris' conversation with the feds and these two characters. It just bothered me that someone would make a prediction based on facts that seem to work in opposition to their premise.

I may be a little too involved in this because I made the point early in the season that Chris did a stupid thing in telling the feds Tony's innermost feelings and they would likely try to find a way to use the info against him. But surely this is not a sensible way to do that.

Can anyone see how this approach does indeed make sense? Is there something that I'm just not seeing here or not understanding?

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... plishak</A> at: 5/13/06 2:53 pm

Re: HUGE SPOILER

It seems to me, that's just ridiculous and a more likely scenario would be to let Tony discover these two fake terrorists and try to bust him for arranging to do some harm to them - not by having his people do some business with them. It's just seems to be the opposite approach of the one the feds should be using.

I'd really have to disagree with you there. If I'm reading you correctly, you're suggesting that the Feds are taking information Christopher gave them about Tony's thoughts on terrorist, using it to plant FBI agents posing as terrorists, so that if Tony finds out, he'll try to kill them? Seems a little farfetched to me. If that were the case, the FBI would be wanting to indict Tony on conspiracy to commit murder charge, but there's no way for them to prove it in court: If Tony did conspire to kill them, he would do so with other members of the family. The FBI would have no way of knowing, what Tony actually thought he knew about these guys, or if/when he was going to take action. Even if he ended up killing them based on that premise, they still really have no evidence that Tony took them out. If these guys are Feds, the logical approach actually would be to do business with Christopher and Bennie and whoever else. The credit card scams and things of that nature could be used as evidence in court.

I know alot of people think that these two guys are Feds, and i'm not saying that I disagree. However, in "Luxury Lounge", the fact that American Express shut off service to Vesuveo indictates that the stolen credit card numbers were in fact being used, suggesting that these two Middle-Eastern guys are legitimate crooks. That is unless someone else is using the card numbers, but i was under the impression that Chris and Bennie stole the numbers and sold them, and that the buyer actually used them.

</p>

Return to “Season 6, Parts 1 and 2, Spoilers/Spoiler-Based Speculation”