Chris will flip

I keep reading people are sick of the Chris/drug story. I think this episode was pivotal. He and Julianna (is that her character name?) were discussing the script. He was disappointed with Tony. I think he'll flip and turn to Hollywood.

I think back to Long Term Parking when Ade told him about cooperating. He was contemplating it until he went to the gas station.

I could be wrong, but I enjoy the show either way.

</p>

Re: Chris will flip

I think your idea has some merit, brunogambia. I've always thought that an OD would be too predictable, and Christopher has never been written/acted that way. Even tonight's episode, you couldn't pin down if he was going straight, continuing to use, breaking up, not breaking up. But I could see where the drug use does lead to him flipping. As he said in the diner, the old ways are gone, and I don't think he's feeling particularly loyal anymore. The old Chrissy wouldn't have dared mess around with Julianna.

</p>

The way he was talking to a civilian about the oath that he took, sure does set it up that he might flip. But with Christopher you never know, he goes back and fourth so much between being clean and the loyal soldier to his junkie ways and his verbal rippings of Tony and the way he (Tony) handles things.

</p>

I guess it is possible the feds. know Chris is weak, and the drug use would be a easy "in" for them to use at getting to Chris, just as it was used to get to Ade.

The FBI was close to hitting "pay dirt" before Ade was hit. There has been a lot of talk about her (Ade) and I can see the feds. wanting to get a return on their investment.

I would think the feds. have more angles to approach Chris from than anyone else.

</p>

Not that I think this will happen, but if you think about it Juliana makes a great potential target for the feds (a drug possession charge alone probably would be enough to get someone like her to cooperate)

She's got all of Ade's self destruction (actually more so) but she's solely attracted to Tony and Chris b/c of the danger of it all. if threatened by the feds, her first instinct would be self preservation, whereas Ade tragically put Chris and her loyalty to his lifestyle before anything else. Bottom line: chris and tony are giving way too much power to an outsider they barely know.

I found it shocking that Chris (high or no high) would tell such an outsider about the 'made' ceremony. what else would he tell her?

</p>

Chris could end up one of 4 ways:
1) an overdose or dying due to use of drugs (car accident, fall, AIDS or Hepititas from drug use);
2) Getting busted for drugs and the feds putting the screws to him and getting him to flip, and seeing a long jail term anyway, buring Tony and others, especially as to Adraiana's disappearance
3) Julianna gets busted for drugs and tells the cops about Chris and his mob connections as part of a deal where Chris then gets busted and makes his deal;
4) Be killed by the NY Family as a way to get close to hurting Tony.
No matter what, I don't see a very good future for Chris. Even if he 'flips' he won't live long.

</p>

"I found it shocking that Chris (high or no high) would tell such an outsider about the 'made' ceremony. what else would he tell her?"

Why is this surprising? He told Adrianna all kinds of things, including his "ceremony" and her knowledge of "THINGS" is what prompted her to want to speed up their marriage after she watched the "Murder One" episode about a wife not being able to testify against her husband.

High or not, Chris is too ignorant to see the parallels.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.12: Kaisha”