Re: Christopher, the Arabs, and Farming out the Hit

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>or maybe big pussys wife?she has money now and puss never came back when tony left with him for the boat trip, arab connections she could have through pussys H connection.<hr></blockquote>

not a chance, she is not "involved", and pussys H connection - how would she know who that even was, and why would she want to deal with him? For that matter, why would he want to deal with a middle aged widow who runs a bodyshop, if he's an H dealer. The two things dont tie in together.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>another edit: she is wearing full black when she is with carmella, maybe she knew what was happening that evening.<hr></blockquote>

absolutely not, that is reading into it far too much. even if she did have anything to do with his demented uncle shooting him (which she didnt, and couldnt) she would hardly be grieving his death/wearing black out of respect.

The reason they cut immediately to Carmela and Angie is for the contrast - Carmela is still in high spirits because things are going so well with Tony, they are happier, she has her brand new Porsche - by contrast her husband is lying in his own blood having just been shot (potentially fatally) in the gut. That is the irony and in my view the ONLY reason for the cut.

</p>

besides your polemic word choice in the first two parts (not a chance, absolutetly) which kind of forbid an open discussion you misunderstood a few things.
-first of she must not be wearing black because she is grieving, but it might be something like a 'bitter,sarcastic fight dress'.secondly, why you wanna know 100%, that, assumed she knew, she would not be wearing the dress for grieving reasons?ever been to italy?many women wear black until they die after their man dies, so it would be a good choice for that day to honour pussy.
-contrast?the only contrast there is, is that angies car is fully paid for and carmellas car is leased so carmella looks disappointed when the dialogue ends.
-about the arabs...i havent seen any scenes with pussies h connection, you seem to.this is really far off though, so there you got a reason for a complaint, but its not impossible since we dont have a clue about it.

</p>

of course if youre talking about "possibles" - considering it's a fictional drama you're right, but then on that basis, anything is possible.

but if you follow the show you can rule out your suggestions based on logic/rationality.

your basis of argument is quite weak i feel. to make my point, what if i proposed that there was a sudden twist in the plot and it transpired uncle june was possessed by aliens and that's why he shot tony, mistook him for pussy malanga, and is now senile...? can you rule it out 100%? no, because within the scope of "drama" you 'could' write anything in to the plot. Can you state that the balance of evidence suggest this will absolutely not happen - yes of course you can, to say such a proposition is far fetched would be an understatement.

Really no need to jump on the defensive; i am far from "forbidding open discussion" - i am merely challenging your opinion with my own - which surely is the foundation of this board?

as for Angie's dress, i never heard of such a thing as a bitter sarcastic fight dress, i was of course assuming you were referring to the tradition of wearing black dress in times of grief (note - this is the tradition, not out of respect but grief - the black symbolising one's dark feelings) but if i misunderstood your implication then i apologise.

to answer your question quickly, as your stereotypes seemed to have formed part of your thought process - yes, i have been to italy, many times in fact.

the contrast i referred to is between tony's agony (literally) and carmela's simultaneous happiness, contentness with her marriage at that point. i am specifically referring to the cut and the fact that one scene immediately follows the other - who paid for whose car is not the point i'm making, although i'm not denying it did register with Carmela at that point also that Angie paid for her own car, and is financially independent.

my opinion is also that angie feels bitterness towards her late husband for leaving her on her own, and therefore would not be inclined to pay tribute to him, much less avenge his death by paying junior to shoot his nephew - not that junior would accept this proposition, senile or not. if my 'polemic' word choice is dismissive it is purely to emphasise my complete disagreement with your opinion and in no way did i mean to offend.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>but if you follow the show you can rule out your suggestions based on logic/rationality. <hr></blockquote>
that and the rest of yours is still pretty poor imho.i will save you from the pointless insults cloaked in endless sentences you like to use, but first you dismiss by abstracting and bringing no arguments for your abstractions, then at the very end you come back to the contrast and repeat it again, ignoring what i said earlier.i asked why angie shows up all of a sudden, and you say that is to show how well carmella is at that point. besides that that makes no sense at all for you saying that and for angie being there for that purpose, the opposite is the case here and carmella does leave the dialogue not well.
for the 'fight dress'...if you feel the need to dismiss it the way you do and are unable or unwilling to see the possibility of a hatred in that woman, which could have lead to a crusade against tony then that is your thing, you shouldnt be so absolute though to stop thinking totally in that direction, of course i was not describing her as spiderman(excuse me the use of the description fight dress, again.. i wasnt expecting you to be so ignorant, i thought you had kept the 'bandwith' to see the possibilities behind the words fight dress) , rather as a black widow full of hatred...and yes, she could bring herself in a mood wearing black for certain purposes.
pretty weak(forgive me my shorter outlandish sentences).

</p>

I am frankly astounded at your point of view, how did I insult you when I stated more than once that I didn't intend to offend you and apologised if I had done so?
I am loathe to bore/insult you with "endless sentences" but I have my points to make, as you do yours:

1. I feel my "abstractions" are quite clear.
2. My argument was that your theories do not tie in with the series. I feel my argument was perfectly clear as well.
3. You yourself admitted to "drifting" in your previous post.
4. I wasnt dismissing it, i simply said i didnt know there was such a thing as a "bitter...fight dress", i forget your exact wording. I don't think assuming you were referring to the tradition of wearing black clothing was ignorance, all you had to do is elaborate what you meant.
5. Bandwith? Possibilities behind "fight dress"? If you make up terminology how should I know what you mean by it?!

I had to laugh at this though

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> i will save you from the pointless insults cloaked in endless sentences you like to use, but first you dismiss by abstracting and bringing no arguments for your abstractions, then at the very end you come back to the contrast and repeat it again, ignoring what i said earlier<hr></blockquote>

of course that is brief and to the point isnt it!? How ironic.

So I dismissed your absurd theory about Angie and/or Rosalie Aprile being behind the shooting. I daresay 99% of this board will dismiss it too. We are all entitled to an opinion, surely?

Even me.

</p>

the past few posts have my head literally spinning. and by literally i mean that there is no possibility in this or any other universe that it is not spinning. and imho, this spinning is based on abstractions that can not be challenged. furthermore, points a, b, c, and d, are indisputably alphabetical. in addition, all the veiled insults and referential obeisances and denominations, fulminating with vocabulary that the users are chronically and clinically ill equipped to bifurcate has me in a state of permanent hysterics. any by that i mean i'm laughing my frigging head off.

</p>

surely we are, the point was your ignorance; if i counted right this was the third time you did not say what angie in her black outfit had to do there and again you just ignored your wrong 'contrast'.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>1. I feel my "abstractions" are quite clear.<hr></blockquote>
your aliens stuff is quite clear? while you miss arguments for that you also miss arguments for dismissing the question what angie is doing there(again...)
<blockquote>Quote:<hr>2. My argument was that your theories do not tie in with the series. I feel my argument was perfectly clear as well.<hr></blockquote>
tony kills a man and his wife strikes back, that is not a possibility?(not going into how we both have no clue about his h connection here)
<blockquote>Quote:<hr>3. You yourself admitted to "drifting" in your previous post.<hr></blockquote>
oh,oh,oh...hang me.
<blockquote>Quote:<hr>4. I wasnt dismissing it, i simply said i didnt know there was such a thing as a "bitter...fight dress", i forget your exact wording. I don't think assuming you were referring to the tradition of wearing black clothing was ignorance, all you had to do is elaborate what you meant.
5. Bandwith? Possibilities behind "fight dress"? If you make up terminology how should I know what you mean by it?<hr></blockquote>
if you didnt get the meaning behind bitter fight dress i feel sorry.
i take it everybody uses (made up)terminology at times and i also take it most of the 99% you call to help knew what was meant in that context(since the discussion about her as an avenger had already started).
picking words now is ermm cheap?

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... rurusch</A> at: 4/13/06 9:57 am

Wow, Angie or Ro being behind the "hit" on Tony.

I've never heard of a "fight dress" either.

The scene with Carm and Angie was definately for contrast, I totally agree. They wanted to show us where Tony was at, and where Carm was at. It was set up to show Carm what really matters in life, Tony.

If you think they were trying to set up an Angie vs. the Family , I think you are WAY off and need to stop overthinking this show. As complicated it can be to follow, it's pretty straightforward if you really watch it.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.05: Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request”