Re: Episode Review (post all general comments here)

Moved from another thread:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted by Reffy
Posted: 3/29/06 4:02 pm
New Post A Few random notes

When Meadow and AJ were arguing in her room, Meadow was taking on Tony's role while AJ was acting like his mother or grandmother.

Meadow, "Whatareyou breaking my balls for..."

Carmela is reading a Sue Grafton book at the hospital. Can't tell which one it is but it may be her latest: "S is for silence".

AJ's walk. Is he trying to walk like Mick Jagger?

Phil Leotardo to Vito on the subject of Tony B. killing his brother.

Phil: "I don't forget"

beat

Vito: "What were we talking about. I don't remember."

Phil: "I forget".

Paulie tells Vito that the Ladies Room is next door. Vito says he can reach it from where he is.

Does Paulie know something about Vito being gay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posted by bcorsale
Posted: 3/29/06 4:23 pm
New Post Re: A Few random notes

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Paulie tells Vito that the Ladies Room is next door. Vito says he can reach it from where he is.

Does Paulie know something about Vito being gay.<hr></blockquote>

I had second thoughts when I heard this line, and I also wasn't sure what Paulie meant by it. Perhaps he knows or at least suspects that Vito "swings both ways."

--
BobbyBuz

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... >Detective Hunt</A> at: 3/29/06 4:53 pm

moved from another thread
SkinnyGinny

Civilian
Posted: 3/29/06 5:56 pm
Tony
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was watching the ep. and i thought if tony will have any knew thoughts on life, or if he will remeber any of it. also if your Tony and you come out of this to find out that the people who you thought you could count on totaly tried to cheat your wife out of her taste, what would you do? is a business thing? or is it personal? and where will this movie thing lead to, will chris drop this one like they others? or will be do it behind tonys back? and another thing, what is carmine Jr.'s rank now? i always took him as a capo maybe but what now? the guy got his ass kicked before so what would johnny let him be?

</p>

Well, obviously I care Hesh. I am kind of surprised no one else cares. It just seems odd for a show that prides itself on realism to ignore something like this. Of course I haven't seen the next episode, so I really should hold my judgement until I see which direction they decide to go. But it does seem strange that after promises of brain damage IF he survives, the previews for next week show him yelling and screaming like always.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Well, obviously I care Hesh. I am kind of surprised no one else cares. It just seems odd for a show that prides itself on realism to ignore something like this. Of course I haven't seen the next episode, so I really should hold my judgement until I see which direction they decide to go. But it does seem strange that after promises of brain damage IF he survives, the previews for next week show him yelling and screaming like always.<hr></blockquote>

garthman00: I found this while doing research on the affects of a coma. If Chase follows the normal "soap opera" scenario, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

<div style="text-align:center">The "Soap Opera Coma"</div>
In soap operas, characters often wind up in a coma after a tragic car accident. The injured character will lie in a hospital bed (her makeup still perfectly intact, of course), with doctors and family constantly at her bedside, urging her to live. After a few days, her eyes will flutter open, and she will greet her family and doctors as though nothing had happened.

Unfortunately, the "soap opera coma" bears little resemblance to a real-life coma. When a team of researchers studied nine television soap operas broadcast over a 10-year period, they found that 89 percent of the soap opera characters made full recoveries. Only 3 percent remained in a vegetative state, and 8 percent died (two of those characters "came back to life"). In reality, coma survival rates are 50 percent or less, and less than 10 percent of people who come out of a coma completely recover from it. Although soap operas veer far from reality in many other aspects, the authors of the study were concerned that "soap opera comas" can lead to unrealistic expectations by the families and loved ones of people who are in a real-life coma.

--
BobbyBuz</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... corsale</A>
at: 3/30/06 8:12 am

I am sorry if I am being a stick in the mud here. That is certainly not my intention, as I am loving the season so far and hope the quality is maintained. I did not love Mayham as much as everyone else seems to. Was it a good episode? Yes. Best Sopranos episode ever? No. Best Episode of the 6th season even...No.

I just read a Rolling Stone article with Chase where he described how if he sees himself going down soap opera paths, he tries to veer from that. But Tony waking up miraculously seems to be just that. I don't mind giving the show a bit of breathing room, as I certainly know they didn't plan on actually killing Tony. Or even plan on having a fully brain-damaged vegetable Tony.

I just figured they would have taken a bit more time in letting him wake up and recover from this (induced ) coma. I understand that the writers made their point with Tony in purgatory and probably wanted to move on with the season. But it almost seems like they were a bit scared how viewers would react to having Tony in a coma for longer thant 1 1/2 episodes.

Perhaps I am jumping at shadows here and the next episode will explain it all away. But as morbid as the doctors have been about Tony's outcome, I don't think my reaction is all that strange, and I am a bit surprised other message boarders aren't at least a tad annoyed by this. Any thoughts on this? I appreciate you indulging me, in my rant! Thanks!

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.03: Mayham”