Re: What happened to Juniors money?

My grandmother had Alzheimers and a touch of dementia before dying, and she acted in the same manner. She would hide money all over the place, and she woould get thoughts in her head from many years ago and it was quite tough convincing her otherwise.
I feel really bad for Junior, he is one of my favorite characters on the show.
I would love to see a movie made on the premise of Junior, Jackie and Johnny Boy Soprano, that would be a great way to see some different angles on the guys we can only speculate about.

</p>

Another poster pointed out elsewhere that the money was part of "the Bohack heist from the seventies." Bohack was a supermarket chain in Jersey in the seventies, so basically Junior is looking for money he got knocking off a supermarket thirty years ago. That in itself suggests he's not thinking clearly. And that's what we're supposed to see, I think, just that it's a fultile search for something that probably isn't there, if it ever was. That Tony is willing to oblige him by digging holes is a credit to Tony, as is Tony's cheerful attitude when he comes to housesit and make dinner at the end.

</p>

There was surely some foreshadowing in the number of holes, or graves, that Tony was digging looking for the money. He explains it to the neighbor as being for "moles", and I quickly counted five piles of dirt. So two of those graves were filled by moles or "rats", in this episode, with three more to follow.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">"But you know, I'm gaining weight the right way. I'm drinking beer".</span>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Johnny Damon</span>
</p>

friend of theirs wrote:I don't think Bobbie stole it. His character has been extremely loyal to Junior all along the way, and he was the same way with his wife. ......

Stole it from whom? If Junior dies, then the money don't belong to him any more. The legalities are a little different than that. But you know the Law of the Street - Finders Keepers! - Good for Bobby!

Once Junior dies, the money belongs to anyone who can grab it. It's a free-for-all.

Splishak wrote:Stole it from whom? If Junior dies, then the money don't belong to him any more. The legalities are a little different than that. But you know the Law of the Street - Finders Keepers! - Good for Bobby!

Once Junior dies, the money belongs to anyone who can grab it. It's a free-for-all.
Ok, spoilers for those that haven't seen the rest of the season.... Just want to make that clear. Even though the show has concluded, there are probably still some people who are making their way onto this board and reading these posts. So now is your warning!!!

Spoilers!

The first poster asked if perhaps Bobby stole it from Junior, and that is why Junior could not find the money. My personal thoughts are that, Bobby wouldn't take advantage of Junior in such a fashion, he thinks of him as a father figure. Also, when he is sent money for Christmas, he returns it to Junior, unable to accept it. Bobby, despite his misgivings (touches of racism, and of course...murderer) seems to be a decent enough guy. Isn't it great how we can think that a murderer is a decent enough guy? Only in the Sopranos.

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”