Re: Episode Review (post all general comments here)

"As for Paulie, he's a rat."

Nope. No way...I remember reading ages ago one of Tony Sirico's conditions at the beginning of this show with Chase is that no matter what Chase decided to do with his character, he could never turn him rat.

And with all the options Chase has with characters and storylines why would he purposely go against someones wishes for a storyline he can go in 40 other directions for. Its common knowledge that Tony Sirico was a half a wiseguy back in the day and I'm sure that if this was even a possibility he would be up in arms. Chase is not going in this direction. You're way off base. Pauile was in the can in Youngstown over gun charges...thats a couple years...theres NO WAY he flipped over that.
Just about every single piece of news about this season has said how Chase himself has said this season is "all about excess."

The rats are all gone. Theres no one to hinder family business...this is the perfect opening for him to expand on exactly what he said this season was to be about. Hes played the FBI angle for several seasons now...while it may come back in the final 10, I really think he was trying to wrap it up and move on for a while...why kill both informants in one episode otherwise? Its pretty cut and dry.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... cent>Jason the Magnificent</A> at: 3/13/06 8:02 am

Vito and Phil are friendly..I wonder were that's going to lead.
I caught this too, and I also wonder where it will go. It seemed they were a little too chummy.

Some of my other rambling thoughts:

Tony and Carm: The scene in the kitchen when Tony told her that he went to the Sushi place by himself, the look of disappointment on her face and her words came off like Tony cheated on her again!

Did anyone notice that quite a bit of what was in the first trailer we saw was in this first episode.

-Both the "I paid you to do a job" and "Why don't you put an f*&^ing bullet in his head" lines.

-Eugene shooting that fat guy in the deli/burger joint.

-The fire in the gas tank.

-Tony burping after eating.

-Tony and Carm crossing themselves at the casket.

Having read a lot of spoilers I knew what was going to happen to Ray, Eugene and Tony and Junior, but I still thought it was a great episode.

Best line? Tie between Silvio's crack about the bread museum and Chris goofing on Phil's eyebrows.

</p>

I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread as of yet...

In Curto's scene right before he dies, he tells the FBI agent that he has Tony on tape talking about the murder of Angelo something or another. The agent is obviously aware of the death of this person.

I guess this is one of the things that's happened since the show was last on? Did anyone catch Angelo's last name? Is this a character that's been previously mentioned?

</p>

Can't be a flashback...though it is an interesting idea that could be supported through AJ's hair difference and maybe even the murder that Ray referred to not ever being shown in seasons 1-5. (I didn't get the name, but is was not Angelo Garepe)

I think some proof against the flashback idea might be Ginny showing pictures of her daughter's wedding shower...clearly the wedding has not happened yet.
As the previews show..we know the wedding will happen at some point this season.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>
I guess this is one of the things that's happened since the show was last on? Did anyone catch Angelo's last name? Is this a character that's been previously mentioned?<hr></blockquote>

Angelo Garepe? He was Carmine's consigliere in NYC. He was killed by Phil Leotardo in retaliation for the murder of Joe Peeps.

ETA that I think that's the only murdered Angelo that we know of - maybe it's a random Angelo?

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... imoni>John Sacrimoni</A> at: 3/13/06 10:13 am

I have to say, there is simply now evidence that Paulie might be a rat. Yes, we did not suspect Gene, but why? Because it had not been set up in any way.

I just don't see it with Paulie.

As for Vito and Phil - yes, I caught that they were somehow related - distant cousins or some such. As they were leaving the Pork Store, he and Phil were talking about what sounded like a mutual relative.

This seems a little out of the blue, when they might have set it up before. I recall nothing of the sort prior to this season. Seems weird, but it also adds to my thinking (see above re: Vito's homosexual angle) that Vito is being set up as a power rival of some sort a la Richie, Ralphie, etc. His character will (ironically) be bigger this season.

</p>

I'm pretty sure that Garepe was NOT the last name mentioned, but I could be wrong.

Besides that, Tony didn't have anything to do with the hit on Angelo Garepe. I don't see why a). He would talk about it and b.) How it would be incriminating enough for Curto to record it and give it to the FBI.

Whatever Angelo was murdered must've had something to do with Tony, which Garepe's murder did not.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”