Re: Rearview Mirror

I think that scene was just to show us the viewers just what kind of people we are dealing with here's a guy who just killed someone and he is whiping off blood like we do Katchup or mustard it's no big deal he saw the map and used it as a napkin and on with life no big deal.

</p>

Re: Blood on Gene's Map

New York is in fact the state that Eugene wiped the blood on, I am in the "symbolism" school of thought on this issue. Do people often look to far into aspects of the show? Sure. But I think there Eugene distinctly wipes two streaks of blood across New York which stirs up a couple of possibilities in my mind.

1) The number could be insignifigant but the blood across New York could be a sign of things to come (bloodshed). Maybe even a NJ / NY war which is a logical possibility if there is a power struggle in NJ while Tony is incapacitated.

2) It signifies that there were two people to die in this episode (Curto, Eugene) and that Tony was wounded but not dead. Tony being dead would be the third person in this episode... this is a sort of far out theory but something that crossed my mind.

"What is this, the FUCKIN' UN NOW?"</p>

Red Herring

See, I thought, after the episode was over, that it was more of a red herring to make audiences think something significant was going to come of it. But then Eugene's whole world comes crashing down. However, I do agree with the symbolism of New York, we will have to see how the rest of the season plays out.

</p>

Re: Rearview Mirror

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I think that scene was just to show us the viewers just what kind of people we are dealing with here's a guy who just killed someone and he is whiping off blood like we do Katchup or mustard it's no big deal he saw the map and used it as a napkin and on with life no big deal.<hr></blockquote>

I agree. I saw it more as a "Oh I have a spot of blood on my head." Like if I had ketchup on my cheek. If I didn't have a napkin I might wipe it on a receipt I had in the car. He had the map for the trip. Killing is an everyday event for these guys. The blood was a minor annoyance for him.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.01: Members Only”