Blundetto and Garepe

Caught something last night while watching again... out at the golf course, Angelo Garepe mentions that Tony Blundetto was his best friend in the can. Interesting. Could that be foreshadowing? Might New York try to use Blundetto as a spy in Tony's camp? Or might Tony someday decide to use Blundetto's friendship to whack Garepe?

</p>

Re: Blundetto and Garepe

Yeah, I remember the comment. But I also noticed the hesitation before he mentioned it...as if he fabricated that fact. I mean, if this guy was his best friend in jail, why does it take like five seconds to remember?

Why would he lie? Well, that's open to endless speculation, but perhaps he's trying to assuage any tension that might exist between Jersey and New York by acting like he and Blundetto were pals. Afterall, he's a consigliere...

You could be right, though. Maybe he actually was a friend of Blundetto. Hmm, a thought just came to me: On the flip side of this theory of yours--could Garepe merely be trying to make Tony think that Blundetto is a rat, thus creating discord over in Jersey?

</p>

Re: Blundetto and Garepe

I also saw this hesitation. Also if Garepe and Blundetto were "best buddies" in the can, why would Garepe ask "who's your cousin." Garepe said he was in for 20 years. And Blundetto was in for 15 of them. If they were such good friends, especially for that long, he would certainly know if his fellow wiseguy friend was Tony Soprano's cousin. Makes you think huh???

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub132.ezboard.com/bsopranolandf ... nnie417</A> at: 3/11/04 3:55 am

Tony B and Garepe

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>If they were such good friends, especially for that long, he would certainly know if his fellow wiseguy friend was Tony Soprano's cousin. Makes you think huh??? <hr></blockquote>
Garepe probably never met Tony before he got out of prison. Tony was a small-time associate when Garepe was sent away. I think that when someone is in jail, the other wiseguys don't keep in touch with him. Garepe and Blundetto probably didn't know much about the stuff that happened outside.

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.01: Two Tonys”