review

Yep...this episode had a little something special for everyone: psychological delving, violence, power/political leverage, relationship twists, and revealed sexual data.... It is wonderful to see all posters simultaneously sated. I tried to engage with forum between airings, but could neither post nor access live chat. I have strong agita-laden reactions to the following: Tony B (in lying to Tony S, he is losing his big boat protection; truly digging own grave); Finn ( he is vulnerable to Vito as well as to Tony); Vito is bisexual...this is curious, but we did have clues; finally, Ade (does she not understand that her overprotection of Chrissy will result in her own as well as Chrissy's undoing?).

Will post later about the Tony-Melfi sesssionw, although the significance of these segments was very clear.

Does "straightening out" mean "getting made" I am wondering...?

Bottomline: Comparisons are odious, but this epy rocked.

</p>

Re: Unidentified Black Males ~ Review

Unidentified Black Males through out the series:

Two black guys are sent by Junior to kill Tony.

Two black guys carjack the family in the beginning of "Commendatori".

Two black guys supposedly whack Jackie Jr.

Two black guys supposedly break a Snapple bottle in Little Paulie's face.

Two black guys are contracted by Christopher to take out Carmine Lupertazzi Sr.

Two black guys supposedly tried to steal Tony's shoes and that's why he ended up in the hospital and not getting arrested with Tony B.

Two black guys supposedly mugged Tony B. and that's why he had a limp after the Joey Peeps murder.

There are plenty of other examples, but this is certainly a start. Notice how, out of seven examples, four of them are bullshit. The other three were contracted by the mob to do what they did (or tried to do).
What violin?!

Pope Corky the IX wrote: Two black guys carjack the family in the beginning of "Commendatori".
Completely off topic. But as many times as I watch Commendatori, that beginning never faults to crack me up. The white family having an evening out to dinner (or whatever) and lost, and then car-jacked, after which their dog escapes...but then runs away, and the dad uses the N-word at which point the children shudder and the wife is appalled. This white-bread, american family goes from well-off, to racist slurs in a matter of moments. And then immediately changes scenes to Tony laughing at polaroids of the stolen cars. Simply brilliant and hilarious.

Garth wrote:Completely off topic. But as many times as I watch Commendatori, that beginning never faults to crack me up. The white family having an evening out to dinner (or whatever) and lost, and then car-jacked, after which their dog escapes...but then runs away, and the dad uses the N-word at which point the children shudder and the wife is appalled. This white-bread, american family goes from well-off, to racist slurs in a matter of moments. And then immediately changes scenes to Tony laughing at polaroids of the stolen cars. Simply brilliant and hilarious.
It's true, too. Black guy (necessary for the purposes of this story) at my job once told me "Get a white person pissed off enough and they'll call you a N-word". Sort of a "I'm allowed to say this now because you've made me angry, so it's justified".
What violin?!

There's also this scene in a childhood flashback in Season 1 (I can't remember which episode though) where Tony gets chased and provoked by a few black neighborhood kids, which I think is the first actual appearance of "unidentified black males" in the series. Maybe this was the moment which defined that entity in Tony's psyche?

Return to “Episode 5.09: Unidentified Black Males”