Killing Chrissy

Man, I would have hated for that to happen, but I think that is exactly what should have happened. From the mob books I've read it would seem that Tony should have killed both Feech and Chris.

I thought the episode was simply amazing. I think it's the best of the season so far.

</p>

episode review

I read some of the criticisms of this episode, and I understand them, but have to say that for me, this episode will stand out. I LOVED it. I wondered if the ending signaled some sort of reconciliation between Tony and Carmela, the way Tony was gazing at Carmela when she went to dinner with him, as if he was realizing something about their bond that she would actually agree to go with him.

</p>

Dinner

Thats what I didnt understand. That last scene, where Tony and Carmela, and Chris and Ade were all out to dinner. Whats up with that? Chris just beat the crap out of her, and she's having dinner with him? And didnt Tony and Carmela just have an argument?

</p>

Delaware

Well, I guess I should have listened to everyone else, and realized that Ade wouldn't end up screwing around with Tony. I can only assume that the Spoiler, and Wanda's remark about "Delaware", meant that they were out in the sticks. All in all, I thought it was a really good episode. Not one of the best, but still keeping up with this seasons A+ average so far. The ending, and I know it's just the use of opeara, but it reminded me of Season Two's "D-Girl". Still, Tony and Chris in the field was perfect and will stand out in my memory as one of the scenes to remember from this season. And Paulie saving Chris's life! There's hope for the silver winged Walnuts after all. Eight more to go.

</p>

Re: Dinner

Adriana made that comment to the FBI agent (name?) that is Chris had done what she did, just riding in a car with a strange woman, she would have *killed* Chris, which I thought was her way of saying she didn't blame Chris for his action . . . As far as Carmela, during the argument, I got the sense Carmela did believe Tony for once? I'm not sure about that one.

</p>

i think all in all this episode marks the beginning of the end for Tony - at least as the acting boss. his "being soft" is bad for business. it'll either start a chain reaction in loose action among captains and soldiers, or it'll inspire general mutiny and a coup of some sort.
just my 2 cents.
great episode, this season has a weird aesthetic to me. i cant really describe it. not in a bad way.. just different.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Adriana made that comment to the FBI agent (name?) that is Chris had done what she did, just riding in a car with a strange woman, she would have *killed* Chris, which I thought was her way of saying she didn't blame Chris for his action . . . <hr></blockquote>

Right. Although I think she's talking s--t when she says that, because she wouldn't have. She probably would have ignored it and buried her head in the sand, like all these mob wives do. Remember when she caught Chris' hand on "Danielle Ciccolela"'s leg last season, and ended up blaming "Daniell" for it? And remember when she saw Christopher openly flirting with that other stripper at the club, or whatever she was, and Ade ratted her out to her FBI agent handler, Robyn Sanseverino? If anything, Ade would have killed whatever woman Chris was in the car with--not Christopher himself!

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>The ending, and I know it's just the use of opeara, but it reminded me of Season Two's "D-Girl". <hr></blockquote>

Well, I can't remember what the song was at the end of that one (I'll watch it again now), but I do know that the opera bit reminded me of the ending of Season 3's "Pine Barrens", as well as the very beginning of the following episode, "Amour Fou". A rather lovely tune that was, too.

</p>

Re: review

fantastic episode. this season is remarkable so far. very intense........and YES Paulie help save chrissy, you can tell in his voice that he was shaky but didnt want to go against tony...great stuff all around.

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.05: Irregular Around the Margins”