Eddie Murphy on Inside the Actors Studio - Dec. 18, 2006

The only reason I point this out is because I am told he will discuss (perhaps even only slightly) that David Proval was hired to be his acting coach for 48 Hours.

Of course, Eddie is getting much press for his role right now in Dreamgirls, which I am told is quite good. But I am looking forward to hearing Murphy discuss his career, perhaps hint at a possible stand up film in the future and see what, if anything, Proval was able to teach him. Starts at 7pm (EST I am assuming) and looks as if it runs for 2 hrs.

Just a heads up. :icon_biggrin:

DH.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Re: Eddie Murphy on Inside the Actors Studio - Dec. 18, 2006

Detective Hunt wrote:The only reason I point this out is because I am told he will discuss (perhaps even only slightly) that David Proval was hired to be his acting coach for 48 Hours.

Of course, Eddie is getting much press for his role right now in Dreamgirls, which I am told is quite good. But I am looking forward to hearing Murphy discuss his career, perhaps hint at a possible stand up film in the future and see what, if anything, Proval was able to teach him. Starts at 7pm (EST I am assuming) and looks as if it runs for 2 hrs.

Just a heads up. :icon_biggrin:

DH.
The Actors Studio program is unwatchable, however, it seems like many people enjoy watching mostly marginally talented young bobbleheads having their asses smooched by that Lipton clown. There have been exceptions... Paul Newman, Shellley Winters, Kevin Spacey, DeNiro... actors like that.

Elia Kazan and Lee Strasberg must be spinning in their graves to see what they worked hard to build up trivialized by a bunch of dolts who have never acted in a professional theater production or think a "private moment" is time they spend in the bathroom.

Hmmm, I did not know that David Proval was an acting teacher. Recalling Eddie Murphy's work on screen, I don't remember him doing anything but acting like Eddie Murphy.

Re: Eddie Murphy on Inside the Actors Studio - Dec. 18, 2006

That's actually been Eddie Murphy's career. The credits for every one of his movies should read "Eddie Murphy as Eddie Murphy".

Maybe I'm being too hard on the guy, but he's come off as a complete asshole since his movie career started to tank in the early 90s. He never (EVER) mentions his time on Saturday Night Live, as though it's some dirty secret, even though nobody would have the slightest clue who Eddie Murphy is without his time there.

He treated Mel B. (I think? I'm talking about Scary Spice) like shit for months because she dared to announce that she was pregnant with his kid. Until the paternity test proved that he was indeed the father (His ninth kid? Tenth? Anyone remember him making fun of guys that have too many kids in his stand-up routines?) he ripped her apart in interviews, insinuating that she was a whore.

Also, almost every single role he's had in the last ten years, even the talking donkey, has been him in "I'M EDDIE MURPHY" mode. He just screams everything and won't stop laughing. Then we're supposed to give him an Oscar because he decided to stop acting like a jackass for two hours and give an above-average performance at best? And then, when his name wasn't announced, he stormed out in the middle of the ceremony.

Go ahead and watch Eddie Murphy on SNL, in movies like "Trading Places" or in his "Delirious" stand-up special. Then watch him in interviews over the past few years or any of his recent movies (Unless you have a fear of skinny black men posing as fat black women, in which case you might want to avoid Martin Lawrence and Tyler Perry films, too) and you'll see a completely different person.
What violin?!

Return to “Television”