Little Stevie's thoughts on the final song

Maybe this is better suited for the music section, but since it pertains to the MIA...

I was browsing through Relix magazine at my favorite corporate book store and there was a one-page article with Van Zant...Wish I had it here to transcribe, but basically in regarding The Sopranos, he said:

--Chase picked out almost all of the music, but sometimes he (Stevie) would be asked to pick out a song. He listed some of the songs that he picked, but I can't recall them.

--Van Zant argued with Chase over "Don't Stop Believin." He said "anything but that song," but Chase stuck to his guns because "the character is a classic rock guy."

-Before making a final decision, Chase considered a couple of Van Zant's suggestions for the final song--namely Springsteen's "Loose Ends" (?), and a couple obscure rock songs. At least they looked obscure.

Re: Little Stevie's thoughts on the final song

KiwiFan wrote:I'm relatively new to this site, so just not sure about what happened to the thread Badabell started. Where has it gone?
The activity in this thread knocked it off the front page (the thread last commented in from each section is displayed on the home page). Just click on the Episode 6.21: Made in America section from the front page (which is the fifth section from the top), and Badabellisima's, "Final Ep: Scene-by-Scene Analysis" will be there towards the top (right now, it's the sixth thread from the top, for example. But it's position will vary, as the threads move up and down based on how much activity they are getting).

Welcome to the site, by the way!

Re: Little Stevie's thoughts on the final song

mutualdream wrote:Maybe this is better suited for the music section, but since it pertains to the MIA...

I was browsing through Relix magazine at my favorite corporate book store and there was a one-page article with Van Zant...Wish I had it here to transcribe, but basically in regarding The Sopranos, he said:

--Chase picked out almost all of the music, but sometimes he (Stevie) would be asked to pick out a song. He listed some of the songs that he picked, but I can't recall them.

--Van Zant argued with Chase over "Don't Stop Believin." He said "anything but that song," but Chase stuck to his guns because "the character is a classic rock guy."

-Before making a final decision, Chase considered a couple of Van Zant's suggestions for the final song--namely Springsteen's "Loose Ends" (?), and a couple obscure rock songs. At least they looked obscure.

What a fantastic post! Really sheds more light on the final episode IMHO. Sorry MutualDream- but i responded more over at the Music thread since its about Music, and seems like the threads are getting confused lately. I also posted the lyrics and “Listen” links to the songs Van Zandt suggested to Chase below this article excerpt that i posted over there. Hope i'm not confusing everyone now...

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”