Re: PATSY THE RAT Plus Patrick

jmag wrote:and as far as the rat in phils crew...who knows who the hell that could have been how do we know it was 24 hours later, they did have a meeting on the hits and even if the meeting was after harris told tony, theres no way of knowing that it wasnt one of the lesser subordinates who heard it through the grape vine.

Harris warns Tony well before the second meeting of Phil's crew, where Butch lays out the three guys who will be hit.

As far as any grapevine talk goes, Phil made a point of ordering everyone else out of the club. It was clear that the subject following was to go no further than Butch and Albie. And that would be abundantly clear to those two also :icon_wink:

JoeyBagadonuts wrote:Harris warns Tony well before the second meeting of Phil's crew, where Butch lays out the three guys who will be hit.

As far as any grapevine talk goes, Phil made a point of ordering everyone else out of the club. It was clear that the subject following was to go no further than Butch and Albie. And that would be abundantly clear to those two also :icon_wink:
So they're so secretive they won't talk to another crew member about it(especially since I'm sure they told people why they were calling a second meeting) but they'll spill to the feds.

yeah right....

I'm not saying it wasn't either of those two, but equally logical arguements could made that it was anyone in the crew. Half the planet knew about it afterwards...the 5 guys in the meeting, whomever in their respective crews they told, the 20 different hitmen they used...is it so hard to believe a leak could not have happened prior to the Flatbush meeting? I don't think so.

SilvioMancini wrote:theres that scene where someone walks in on Patsy and Tony talking. THen they get up once someone comes in and he leaves. What the F**k was that????Was that in MIA or Blue Comet?
Thats because Patsy and Tony are both working for the G-men and didn't wan't anyone to know about their elaborate plot to put murmur behind bars.

It's really very simple. Once, you could right it off to loose talk. Twice in two seasons Harris knows pretty early on there's a play going down on Tony's crew from Phil?

Twice in the last two seasons, Phil has discussed hitting either "someone close to Tony" (payback for the wire room bombing and Fat Dom's sudden disappearance), or "decapitating and doing business with what's left".

Both times, Harris warns Tony w/in a very short time--one scene in the show (granted, no real time reference).

The Feds have someone way inside the Lupertazzis.

JoeyBagadonuts wrote:It's really very simple. Once, you could right it off to loose talk. Twice in two seasons Harris knows pretty early on there's a play going down on Tony's crew from Phil?

Twice in the last two seasons, Phil has discussed hitting either "someone close to Tony" (payback for the wire room bombing and Fat Dom's sudden disappearance), or "decapitating and doing business with what's left".

Both times, Harris warns Tony w/in a very short time--one scene in the show (granted, no real time reference).

The Feds have someone way inside the Lupertazzis.
Or they don't...you'll never be able to prove it, nor will I, its a minute plot point Chase used as a vehicle for a larger purpose. It holds as much significance to the show as where Mustang Sally ate after he caved dudes head in.

It's also highly possible the social club could be bugged, every major move made by NY in the past 7 years has been discussed at the same table.

Safe House. New guy brings in his envelope and hands it to Tony.

"Right now it's light."

Next Patsy comes in, hands Tony and envelope, and says, "A lot of my guys are giving their action to NY this week."

Carlo responds: "-------(I can't understand the word) their taking advantage."

I'm guessing that we can infer that all of the NJ Soprano guys are losing money because of the dispute with NY. This is in addition to having to hide out, and having two of their top guys shot down.

Most of the guys seem very unhappy with Tony.

Paulie comes into the Bing after a truce has been worked out. He is carrying a box. He asks if anyone wants any "barber scissors".

After seeing Butchie in Flatbush we know that he operates a women's beauty and waxing shop.

So we interpret this to mean that Paulie has been in a personal meeting with Butchie. As a present, he has given Paulie a box of barber scissors to share with the crew.

Even after the peace is brokered, NY via Butchie, is still reaching out and working with the NJ family. Maybe discussing things Tony doesn't know about.

I still think Butchie is supposed to be another gay mobster.

Return to “Episode 6.21: Made in America”