Re: Who's the "Michael Corleone"?

Fanucci = Phil Leotardo (boss that drinks coffee from a little cup)

Carlo (Connie's first husband) = Richie (marrying into the family but disloyal)

Frank Pentangelli = Paulie Walnuts (longtime family stalwarts suspected of treason)

Hagen = Silvio (consiglieri)

Bonasera = Artie (non-mafia friends of the family who occasionally asks for favors)

Senator Geary = Assemblyman Zellman (politicians)

HagensBing1977 wrote:Fanucci = Phil Leotardo (boss that drinks coffee from a little cup)

Carlo (Connie's first husband) = Richie (marrying into the family but disloyal)

Frank Pentangelli = Paulie Walnuts (longtime family stalwarts suspected of treason)

Hagen = Silvio (consiglieri)

Bonasera = Artie (non-mafia friends of the family who occasionally asks for favors)

Senator Geary = Assemblyman Zellman (politicians)

Good comparisons!

Might I add: Sonny Corleone = Christopher Moltisanti?

[Except Sonny didn't beat/kill his wife, but beat the ^X#%^ out of Carlo who beat his sister.]

janicezany wrote:Good comparisons!

Might I add: Sonny Corleone = Christopher Moltisanti?

[Except Sonny didn't beat/kill his wife, but beat the ^X#%^ out of Carlo who beat his sister.]

And if we have to have a Michael, the closest I think any of either NJ or NY camps come is. . . . .Johnny Sac.

Maybe a little older than the "prime time" Michael, but suave, good looking, sexy, hot temper kept under a lid most of the time, and (to quote Fredo) "smaaaart."

gamecock wrote:BIGBADBILL I hate to ask you to do this but could you please elaborate on your Tony B being like Michael Corleone! To me that is simply a huge stretch. Tony B was a complete cowboy! He had just done a long stint in prison, was not professional at all, and most importantly was never even a made man.
TONY b had the intellectual intelligence of michael. he had a very high IQ. his temper was his downfall. he was far from a cowboy. NY would not of wanted him to do any stretches.

cos he did time in jail does not mean he is not very capable. he was snitched up by a rat. tony soprano could of went down with him

Micael Corleone, even though he was not very willing to use his fists like tony, was just as capable of making wrong personal and impulsive like soprano.

Loook at the hit on sollazo and the police chief. that was more of personal move than business. he should of took the side of tom hagen who wanted to negotiate and get sollazo later on. it nearly destroyed the corelone crime family

Look at the Hyman roth hit in GF 2. It was next to impoisble that the guy who did the hit was going to get out alive. another example of the smiliarities between michael and ts.

wHAT ABOUT THE FREDO HIT. That beats any of tony;s reckless decisions. Tony never killed junior and livia when they directly tried to kill him. fredo never had an idea that roth was going to hit on michael

Sinatra (mug-shot on the wall, son's appearance at the executive card game, daughter's appearance singing to the crews) = Johnny Fontane (both Italian crooners)

Jack Woltz = Ben Kingley (Hollywood insider)

Mary Corleone = Meadow Soprano (loving daughter of the boss)

Vincent Mancini = Chris??? (leading the family into the new generation)

Don Altobello = Carmine Sr. (old-style boss whom you cannot trust)

Luca Brasi = Furio (immigrant enforcer)

Enzo the Baker = Artie (legit businessman)

Moe Greene = Brenden Falone (shot through the eye)

Willie Cicci = Albie??? (crewmember who becomes rat)

During WW2 Michael Corleone also joined the marines when he didn't need to. He liked to take great risks like tony and liked to try and compensate for the sins he and his family have commited like soprano.

IT WAS PROBABLY VERY WRONG OF ME TO COMPARE TONY WITH VITO CORLEONE. Vito corleone was absolutely spot on when it come to making decisions. The only wrong move he made was not moving into the drugs market when sollazo offered it to him

From the two GF books I have read and films, Vito would never of made the wrong moves michael (post above) and tony soprano have made

Return to “Episode 6.20: The Blue Comet”