How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 6.19: The Second Coming - Grades and General Rev

If this episode fell earlier in 6b, stulongisland, I'd say that you were almost definitely correctly foretelling a fairly predictable (but still natural and organically developing) plotline, regarding Tony, Patsi, and their kids. But with a mere two episodes left, I really hope the case is that there just simply isn’t enough time left to really address this, what with the state of New Jersey’s mafia faction being altered forever and Tony’s imminent psychological breakthroughs.

Who knows though, maybe we'll see something come up?

Universal Polymath, you are probably correct. Just not use to thinking there is an end to something. I guess this show is like a temporary life, you think it continues on its own and the writers have no time constraints, 1 hour show, x episodes.

Time affects the shows now, the writers I guess are like bus drivers, or train engineers, they have to pull the bus or train into the station on time how ever they have to do it within constraints of the route they are on.

stulongisland wrote:Universal Polymath, you are probably correct. Just not use to thinking there is an end to something. I guess this show is like a temporary life, you think it continues on its own and the writers have no time constraints, 1 hour show, x episodes.
Well said, this is exactly how I've felt for so many years. Only now am I too starting to come to terms with the fact that this just isn't true. Only two hours left! (I'm usually not big on Smilies, but I believe this calls for the use of a :icon_frown: here).

The Second Coming - W.B. Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
I didn’t want to show crime pays, I didn’t want to show crime doesn’t pay...David Chase on the ending

Beansie Gaeta wrote:Someone help me out here, what is in a lincoln log sandwich?
According to Robert Iler (A. J.) who provides the DVD commentary for this episode, a lincoln log sandwich is white bread with uncooked hot dog, cream cheese and worcestershire sauce. He said the smell was so disgusting that he was glad that he was playing a depressed character so that he wouldn't have to eat one.

And the hot dogs are raw... I would tie myself to a cinder block and jump into a freezing pool before eating a "Lincoln Log."

I don't know how Edie Falco was able to announce this to AJ like it was a special treat without breaking into laughter.

Maybe it means she's taking better care of her real estate ventures than her son, so she's slapping "Lincoln Logs" together instead of a real meal?

And leaving them on the counter at room temperature to turn into some bacterial cesspool...

Beep! Beep! wrote:And the hot dogs are raw... I would tie myself to a cinder block and jump into a freezing pool before eating a "Lincoln Log."

I don't know how Edie Falco was able to announce this to AJ like it was a special treat without breaking into laughter.

Maybe it means she's taking better care of her real estate ventures than her son, so she's slapping "Lincoln Logs" together instead of a real meal?

And leaving them on the counter at room temperature to turn into some bacterial cesspool...

Didn't seem to slow Tony down....he grabbed a "Lincoln Log" off the counter and started wolfing it down, only throwing it away into the grass when he realized AJ wasn't fucking around.....:icon_mrgreen:
Historically, that's been the case.

For me, it was a typical Sopranos juxtaposition of incredible humor with something incredibly tragic or serious, and the fact that Tony pounced on those Lincoln Logs like they were a delicacy was just more proof that the man never saw anything remotely carbon-based that he wouldn't try to eat!:icon_mrgreen:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:For me, it was a typical Sopranos juxtaposition of incredible humor with something incredibly tragic or serious, and the fact that Tony pounced on those Lincoln Logs like they were a delicacy was just more proof that the man never saw anything remotely carbon-based that he wouldn't try to eat!:icon_mrgreen:
No doubt....

Damn, I wish I had found this forum when the series was airing! :mad:

I wasted my time on the HBO boards talking about the Sopranos with a bunch of mooks....:icon_wink:

Yes, T was a prodigious gourmand, indeed.....

"Funhouse" comes to mind.....who eats an entire Indian meal, and then goes to Vesuvio for a nightcap of mussels and zuchini flowers?.....:icon_biggrin:
Historically, that's been the case.

Return to “Episode 6.19: The Second Coming”