Lucinda Williams song from Kennedy and Heidi

Hey folks, first time poster here. This is a great site ya'll have going on here.

Say, this is probabaly in the wrong section, but I figured this might get more looks over here--am I breaking protocol? Don't worry, I much better suited as a lurker, so I won't post much.

But did anyone notice when Tony was heading into Vegas after his flight, "Are you Alright?" from Lucinda Williams' new album, West, was playing in the background? It was just the instrumental intro-no lyrics-but I was amazed Chase pulled out this chestnut. Great record, by the way. I was only a bit disappointed no vocals appeared--great lyrics on this tune, especially for that scene.

Are you all right?
All of a sudden you went away
Are you all right?
I hope you come back around someday.
Are you all right?
I haven't seen you in a real long time
Are you all right?
Could you give me some kind of sign?
Are you all right?
I looked around me and you where gone?
Are you all right?
I feel like there must be something wrong
Are you all right?
Cause it seems like you disappeared
Are you all right?
Cause I've been feeling a little scared
Are you all right?
Are you sleeping trough the night?
Do you have someone to hold you tight?
Do you have someone to hang out with?
Do you have someone to hug & kiss U?
Hug & kiss U
Hug & kiss U
Are U all right?
Are you all right?
Is there something been bordering you?
Are you all right?
I wish you could give me a little clue
Are you all right?
Is there something you want to say?
Are you all right?
Just tell me that you are ok
Are you all right?
Cause you took off without a word
Are you all right?
You flew away like a little bird
Are you all right?
Is there anything I can do?
Are you all right?
Cause I need to hear from U
Are you all right?
Are you sleeping trough the night
Do you have someone to hold you tight?
Do you have someone to hang out with?
Do you have someone to hug & kiss you?
Hug & kiss U
Hug & kiss U
Are U all right?
Are U all right?
Are U all right?

Re: Lucinda Williams song from Kennedy and Heidi

And more than four years later...

I met Lucinda last night after her show in Minnesota...what an artist!

Anyway, I told her Are You Alright is one of my alltime favorite songs, and mentioned how cool it was to hear it on this episode of The Sopranos. Lucinda gave me a blank stare--she didn't recall this at all--and I said Yeah, you know the episode where Tony kills Christopher and then goes to Vegas...? Well they play your tune when Tony's riding through Vegas...She got really excited and directed me to her husband/manager, who after I refreshed his memory, seemed to remember it being on the show.
However, she did remember being on last week's season finale of Treme.
"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"

I remember some instrumental music when Tony was driving into Vegas . . . seems I remember it happening twice, once when he first arrives and the last time when it transitions directly to him doing Chris' gumar. But was that the same music in both scenes? Seems I vaguely recall the music leading into the sex scene was The Pretenders.

I'm not familiar with Lucinda Williams, but it's a neat story anyway.:smile:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:I remember some instrumental music when Tony was driving into Vegas . . . seems I remember it happening twice, once when he first arrives and the last time when it transitions directly to him doing Chris' gumar. But was that the same music in both scenes? Seems I vaguely recall the music leading into the sex scene was The Pretenders.
It's been awhile since I've seen this episode. But I'm pretty sure it's the opening Vegas scene, the one that's reminiscent of the show's opening theme.
The song ends in the next scene, when Tony's sitting alone at a restaurant. I don't think it's played again, though.
"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"

Return to “Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi”