Vanilla Fudge

It seems like nobody noticed this back when the Mad Men Season 7 premier first aired, but the song playing at the end of the episode is "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Vanilla Fudge, which was used twice in the final episode of Sopranos - first in the opening scene, and later during the Phil Leotardo whacking scene. Interesting little detail, I'm sure it's no coincidence that Weiner chose this song.
Taps, lights out, 2200 hours. What's missing? Give up? Television.

Re: Vanilla Fudge

zwingli wrote:It seems like nobody noticed this back when the Mad Men Season 7 premier first aired, but the song playing at the end of the episode is "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Vanilla Fudge, which was used twice in the final episode of Sopranos - first in the opening scene, and later during the Phil Leotardo whacking scene. Interesting little detail, I'm sure it's no coincidence that Weiner chose this song.
Hmmm... So Dick Whitman and Vanilla Ice whacked Tony??!!??

Nice catch again, Zwingli.

Billyv wrote:Hmmm... So Dick Whitman and Vanilla Ice whacked Tony??!!??

Nice catch again, Zwingli.
Oh it goes deeper than that. Tony's death was clearly arranged by Illuminati, as foreshadowed by the closeup on the dollar bill in Season 4. Phil Leotardo was actually an older version of Dick Whitman who stole Roger Sterling's hair to disguise himself. Also he didn't actually die, the body was a decoy meant to pacify Tony so he wouldn't see it coming when Vanilla Ice (secretly Vanilla Fudge/Chauncey) ambushed him at the diner. For the Mad Men finale I'm predicting we see Dick Whitman meet with the Illuminati and fake his own death to kill Dickie Moltisanti, and the final shot will be a gradual zoom in on a clock that reads "3:00"
Taps, lights out, 2200 hours. What's missing? Give up? Television.

zwingli wrote:Oh it goes deeper than that. Tony's death was clearly arranged by Illuminati, as foreshadowed by the closeup on the dollar bill in Season 4. Phil Leotardo was actually an older version of Dick Whitman who stole Roger Sterling's hair to disguise himself. Also he didn't actually die, the body was a decoy meant to pacify Tony so he wouldn't see it coming when Vanilla Ice (secretly Vanilla Fudge/Chauncey) ambushed him at the diner. For the Mad Men finale I'm predicting we see Dick Whitman meet with the Illuminati and fake his own death to kill Dickie Moltisanti, and the final shot will be a gradual zoom in on a clock that reads "3:00"
Luv it! Especially that final shot Mr Director.
Just played Bert Cooper's rendition of The Best Things In Life Are Free in reverse -- clearly audible: "Tony's dead. (Paul, too)."

Return to “Mad Men”