Re: Sopranos re-visited at A.V. Club

Pope Corky the IX wrote:Maybe he's in a competition with George R.R. Martin.

And do you post in the AV Club Sopranos comments? Maybe we can stage a mutiny.
As much as I find his reviews rambling streams of consciousness I suggest it is better to let him be. None of us have a monopoly over what is the correct view.

I admit I speculate about what the author(s) of the Sopranos intended. I do enjoy solving cryptic puzzles and Chase has handed us some doozies. But like you said earlier I would never begrudge anyone their opinions or beliefs.

It is better to simply disagree in a civil way and state your case, preferably an informed one, and maybe even offer an alternative explanation. Anything is possible. And that goes for all sides of the discussion.

I much prefer the way Fly, JLTucker, Garth, Bloodshot, some departed posters and now yourself help elicit and even generate some thought provoking discussions.

It's pleasing to know that we can still talk about a show that is nearly 4 years gone!

conkom wrote:As much as I find his reviews rambling streams of consciousness I suggest it is better to let him be. None of us have a monopoly over what is the correct view.

I admit I speculate about what the author(s) of the Sopranos intended. I do enjoy solving cryptic puzzles and Chase has handed us some doozies. But like you said earlier I would never begrudge anyone their opinions or beliefs.

It is better to simply disagree in a civil way and state your case, preferably an informed one, and maybe even offer an alternative explanation. Anything is possible. And that goes for all sides of the discussion.

I much prefer the way Fly, JLTucker, Garth, Bloodshot, some departed posters and now yourself help elicit and even generate some thought provoking discussions.

It's pleasing to know that we can still talk about a show that is nearly 4 years gone!
Agreed, and as annoying as some of his style is (at least to me), I am learning many things that I had not picked up on despite the number of times I have watched the series. Its been fun, and I will continue to watch/read along with him to the end I think. God know "Made in America" is going to be a doozy! In fact that whole last season!

conkom wrote:I suggest it is better to let him be. None of us have a monopoly over what is the correct view.

That's a pretty darn good summary of my view as well.:icon_wink:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: AVclub Sopranos episodes reviews

Midgar wrote:Hi all, I guess this doesn't really count as news but found some really good reviews of each episode at this site:
http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/the-sopranos,107/
Some good reviews, picks up on a few things I didn't notice, I'm sure some of you will enjoy reading these.
I merged your thread with a previous one we had about the AVClub reviews. I also should mention, that this series of reviews just came back from hiatus to post the first of the last 9 episodes of the series. While wordy, I have continued to enjoy Todd's examination of the series. I have watched the series once again, all the way through. Though this will be the first time I have revisited many of the final episodes, and absolutely the first time I have revisited Made in America.

Return to “Sopranos in the News”