Re: ...I agree

#401
what i like most about this season is how it all connects with the previous ones, especially season 1. with the dream sequence of tony being frankenstein and than i remembered the jewish fanatic who called him a monster ala frankenstein.

and how in season 2 where furio was introduced to carmella - by her facial expression you can tell she was kind of taken back.

--this has been a great season.

</p>

teeth falling out

#402
I think Fly is stretching a bit when he suggests that the dream image of Tony's teeth falling out is perhaps symbolic of his desire to achieve new "birth" into a non-gangster life. Losing teeth is probably one of the most common dreams across all cultures (as are dreams of being able to can fly or dreams of being swept up in a tidal wave). Historically, dreams of losing teeth have been interpreted as meaning that the dreamer is either worried about his or her appearance to others (indicating a lack of confidence or fear of being embarassed or making a fool of one's self) or that the dreamer is worried about become powerless to control a situation or becoming old or becoming sexually impotent. Because Tony is an anxious guy, I think the tooth loss aspect of the dream sequence merely means he's worried about his power or ability to exert control over the Blundetto/Leotardo situation. Tony's simply worried that the situation makes him look bad - not just to the NY crime family but to his own - and that he's feeling a little bit powerless at the moment. I predict that will change. Tony always exerts his will. He is going to take out Johnny Sac and Leotardo. Then he'll bitch-slap Blundetto, get him back in line, and cozy-up to Little Carmine. Tony's not going to turn himself in or go straight. He's an intimidator and he's going to go to war. Carm is not going to die. There's too much good plot-driving tension in Tony's relationship with her that still needs to be exploited.

</p>

Re: The Test Dream ~ Review

#404
I was just watching The Test Dream again and noticed a few little details.

- When Phil is lying on the ground and Gloria is "interviewing" him, only one of his legs is visible. It looks deliberate to me, and I'm wondering if it could somehow tie with Svetlana and the Calling All Cars dreams.

- When Artie is driving Tony away from the mob, in front of them is a straight road, while when Tony looks at Richie and Gigi in the back, the road behind them is windy. That's a nice little touch.

- When Tony is running away from the mob, he sees the SUV blasting music. When the SUV window winds down, I can make out someone inside the car. Does someone with a better eye know if it's anyone important in there? With the lighting, the figure and its expression almost look like Tony's before he [SIZE="1"]killed Christopher[/SIZE], although I'm sure it's not.

Re: The Test Dream ~ Review

#406
Billy Bass wrote:
- When Artie is driving Tony away from the mob, in front of them is a straight road, while when Tony looks at Richie and Gigi in the back, the road behind them is windy. That's a nice little touch.


Windy? I don't see it.
Image


http://i47.tinypic.com/qo8sbr.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/10e3a6b.png



Billy Bass wrote:- When Tony is running away from the mob, he sees the SUV blasting music. When the SUV window winds down, I can make out someone inside the car. Does someone with a better eye know if it's anyone important in there? With the lighting, the figure and its expression almost look like Tony's before he [SIZE="1"]killed Christopher[/SIZE], although I'm sure it's not.



Hm, looks like tony but I can't identify him. You would probaqbly need Blu-Ray.

http://i46.tinypic.com/v5bpzs.png
larger
http://i45.tinypic.com/ie44lv.png

Re: The Test Dream ~ Review

#407
Daveman wrote:Another thing I noticed about the crowd of people outside where Tony Blundetto is shooting Phil. Look closely at the people, just about all of them are unfamiliar, but you see Paulie standing somewhere in the crowd. I always found that odd.....


The ones I see in the crowd in addition to Paulie are Junior's lawyer and Bobby jr.
I think Janice is somewhere too, but I'm not sure.

Re: The Test Dream ~ Review

#408
DaViE wrote:Windy? I don't see it.

Maybe windy wasn't the right word. The road definitely curves a lot to the left though.


DaViE wrote:The ones I see in the crowd in addition to Paulie are Junior's lawyer and Bobby jr.
I think Janice is somewhere too, but I'm not sure.

Don't forget Carmella (or at least a lookalike) leading the crowd with a flashlight.
Another odd appearance for me was the waiter who had the camera on his name tag from Pax Soprana being seen in the restroom of Vesuvio's.

Re: The Test Dream ~ Review

#409
Billy Bass wrote:Don't forget Carmella (or at least a lookalike) leading the crowd with a flashlight.


Yeah I know. But it's definitely not Edie Falco. But I know that the lookalike is there to symbolize Carm. ;)

Billy Bass wrote:Another odd appearance for me was the waiter who had the camera on his name tag from Pax Soprana being seen in the restroom of Vesuvio's.


That's funny. Do you know where he does appear? Do you have a shot?

Re: The Test Dream ~ Review

#410
DaViE wrote:That's funny. Do you know where he does appear? Do you have a shot?

Unfortunately my computer can't play DVDs so I had to get these from Youtube.

Waiter from final scene of Pax Soprana:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/TinyPiesRUs/WaiterPaxSoprana.jpg

Waiter in The Test Dream (Who watches Tony and Vin on a TV as the walk into the restroom):
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/TinyPiesRUs/WaiterTestDream.jpg

Return to “Sopranos Symbolism and Subtext”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron