How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 3.02: Proshai, Livushka - Grades & General Revie

Daveman wrote:Does anyone know who, at the Livia Wake we see walk down the steps and look over at the gathering? It's an old man, and the whole appearance of him seems out of place. He comes down the steps totally behind what is going on, then stopps over a little to stare at what is going on. Everytime I watch that episode it is always an odd occurance ....
It is actually a point of myth within Sopranos. People involved with the show claim it was just an extra who stumbled onto the set when he wasn't supposed to, and he was never edited out. But others claim it was Junior. There are tons of theories out there if you look for them. I am not really sure, is the answer, though. One thing is for sure, in an episode which is already eerily quiet and subdued, this extra bit is chilling to me.

Random man in Proshai Livushka

I read a post last week on here that I can't seem to find now about the man resembling a young Uncle Junior in Proshai Livushka.

It's something I had never noticed before, and finally got around to rewatching the episode last night.

I specifically looked out for it, and sure enough, there he was.

I found it eerily strange, and doesn't look to be in anyway an accident.

I read that it was 'folklore', but haven't heard anything about it before. Does anyone have any links to stuff about it?

I read on here that the official explanation was a 'lost extra', but was last night wondering why they would have an extra at a funeral?

The only person in the whole funeral who didn't have at least a minor recurring role was 'Fanny', Livia's friend, who had a speaking part. I certainly can't imagine they brought people in just to wander around, and it's even stranger to think that they brought one person in to do that.

Stranger yet, had they decided to have one extra, just wandering around, it seems very strange indeed that upon filming they would simply forget that he was supposed to be somewhere.

Very strange indeed, and a little spooky!

Re: Random man in Proshai Livushka

Here's the link to that recent discussion:

http://www.thechaselounge.net/showthrea ... i+Livushka

Here's the picture: imo, the guy seems too thin and wiry to be Uncle June. Different shaped head and not the Mr. Magoo glasses.

Compare it to this one. Seems like Uncle Junebug has a taller forehead and less hair than the Mystery Guy. (But now i'm having doubts, too!):

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:lEm ... idth%3D100

Sorry- i seem to be unable to post the actual photos thru the editing icon. Someone else do it if you can...

I thought the guy on the stairs was one of the funniest things of this season. I always thought it was added in on purpose and just meant to show how awkward it was -- you know, a guy gets out of the bathroom to come back to the party and realizes everyone is meeting in the room and instead of awkwardly adding himself into the group he just goes right back up the stairs!! Never really thought about who it was but I just thought it was funny because that is a real life situation that would happen to anyone!

HOWEVER---why isnt anyone talking about the REAL hidden appearence at the gathering after the funeral??......Pussy?? Did anyone see him at Tony's house? When Furio is talking about Survivor and Tony is going in a closet and as he opens the door PUSS'S reflection shows up in the mirror?? Then Tone looks in that direction as if something is over there--but it isnt??? Anyone??? It scared the sh*t out of me the first time I saw it.

zep41 wrote: HOWEVER---why isnt anyone talking about the REAL hidden appearence at the gathering after the funeral??......Pussy?? Did anyone see him at Tony's house? When Furio is talking about Survivor and Tony is going in a closet and as he opens the door PUSS'S reflection shows up in the mirror?? Then Tone looks in that direction as if something is over there--but it isnt??? Anyone??? It scared the sh*t out of me the first time I saw it.
That was Tony thinking about Pussy in that moment. No Ghost, no troll, no poltergeist,...

DaViE wrote:That was Tony thinking about Pussy in that moment. No Ghost, no troll, no poltergeist,...
no it wasnt him thinking. Go back and watch it again because I dont think we are talking about the same part of the episode. Moments after the scene cuts to the Soprano house after the funeral and everyone is there eating. Hesh tells a joke about a rabbi at a wake. Tony walks into the hallway to get something out of a closet and Paulie and Furio are talking about Survivor. Look at the mirror on the closet when Tony opens it. Not a thinking scene or dream or daydream scene at all. Real time. It only lasts for like a second.

Return to “Episode 3.02: Proshai, Livushka”