Re: Re: Re: All Happy Families ~ Review

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Do you think Christopher could be shooting Adrianna in the promo for next weeks episode? Look at his facial expression while he's firing the gun <hr></blockquote>

I very much doubt that. Whatever happens to Adriana ultimately, it won't be settled inside of one episode. She's too important a character. Anyway, my mind strongly rebels against any scenario in which Christopher kills Adriana.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>maybe not adrianna...but possibly her FBI agent handler.<hr></blockquote>

Well, only someone who has absolutely no understanding of the Mafia as an organization could state such a thing. Never, never, NEVER would any half-sane mobster kill an FBI agent. I'm not even going to bother to explain that one. Think hard and you'll understand why it could never happen.

(Here's a clue: remember The Godfather--all the trouble that was caused by Michael Corleone's gunning down of a New York City police captain?)

</p>

Re: Wow...

I didn't think about Chris maybe whacking Adrianna's FBI agent. That could also be a possibility. I did notice Christopher's face while she asked him about the "cigarette thing". Between that and the look on his face while he was shooting the gun. Who knows though? Adrianna is definitely compost by the end of the season.

</p>

Re: Wow...

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Well, only someone who has absolutely no understanding of the Mafia as an organization could state such a thing. Never, never, NEVER would any half-sane mobster kill an FBI agent. I'm not even going to bother to explain that one. Think hard and you'll understand why it could never happen. <hr></blockquote>

..but Chris can be a dipshit and do very stupid things.

</p>

Great

Another great episode as usual. I like the total chaos of the whole AJ situationa and the separation. I think it was cool seeing AJ with Tony that is what he needs, Tony will not tolerate his little smart mouth remarks. The scene where Tony asked him to repeat what he said to his mother was great. Also the Feech situation that one I did not see coming. Although I hope to see more of his character it seems like that is it. Tony and Feech at the Bing was great too. I can't wait till next weeks episode this season is off to one great start.

</p>

A Maturing Society

I loved "All Happy Familes". I think that these first four episodes have been the best four this show has aired in succession as compared to previous seasons. A progressive show, and a maturing one at that. Had we gone the same way that we all probably thought it would wrap with Feech, we would know that the show was starting to repeat itself. A lot of reviewers have cited that this show is not as fresh as it once was, but I completly disagree. When Tony mentioned Richie Aprile, it answered a lot of questions as far as whether the fictional characters in this show, had the same feelings about going about things the same way. That Tony would actually "go out" of his way, to not reach the inevitable conclusions, shows how much these characters do understand their past, and it seems their future. Carmella and Tony got the best material tonight, and it was glad to see a new forum for them, and not them on the typical one as "The Honeymooners", or Marge and Homer, which I thought they were becoming in Season Three. The angle with melfi, while not a new one, seems the most plausile. Why would a mob boss with no impulse control, stay in therapy? It seems believable that he would be constantly in and out. Carmella, in a great flashback, hit home, when showing how children can be so adorable until they get to the point where they are driving.
Some reviewers have cited AJ And Carmella as The OC, and I think this is an insult to this show. The OC is 90210 fare drama, while this angle completly plays as believable.
I had fear that David Lee Roth would get more screen time but they evened him out.
My only complaint with this episode was the recasting of Dr. Fried. I guess they have to do what they have to do. I doubt they would recast just to recast. Anyways, as fas as viewers are concerned, this was defintly, "All Happy Families".

</p>

Re: A Maturing Society

Can I just say one thing? If Christopher, or ANYBODY in the family, whacked an FBI agent, that would be all she wrote for the whole thing. Throw in the towel and call it quits. Because that sort of thing would bring down the wrath of the entire FBI and federal justice system upon the entire New York-New Jersey connection. It's why organized criminals generally have a rule about avoiding killing cops and especially feds.

Think of this quote from The Godfather (the book):

"That anyone would consider even for a moment killing a New York City police captain was too fantastic. The toughest hood in the Mafia had to stand still if the lowliest patrolman decided to slap him around. There was absolutely no percentage in killing cops. Because then all of a sudden a lot of hoods were killed resisting arrest or escaping the scene of a crime, and who the hell was going to do anything about that?"

Think also of what Tony told Johnny Sack in the 4th season finale: "Most Americans, by and large they sit still for our shit. So what if people get ripped off--they figure it's not them." It's that kind of benign neglect on the part of the larger American society that mobsters like Tony Soprano count on in order to run their business. If a mobster killed an FBI agent, the public outcry for justice and the dead agent's colleagues' desire for revenge would combine to destroy the Mafia--or at least come dangerously close. That's why it's never happened--and never will.

Mobsters don't kill feds. Period. If Christopher does that next episode, it's curtains for him. And if he does do it, and the repercussions for him aren't severe, that would spell the end of the show's invaluable quality of realism.

</p>

Re: Chris killing an FBI Agent

Chris could have killed an FBI agent and it could be the end of chris. Like in the post "next week"

jakenspiel stated

I was watching the scenes for next week and caught something interesting. The scene were Tony is holding the gun in the cornfield..it looks to me like it's Christopher. His back is to the camera, but what set it off was thats its Christohers Hummer parked behind them...but no Christopher standing around, but it looks like it could be him on his knees. Also it seems weird at the end when Adriana said "What Happened???"..like she was crying or sleeping and then Tony's response.

</p>

Re: A Maturing Society

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>If Christopher, or ANYBODY in the family, whacked an FBI agent, that would be all she wrote for the whole thing. Throw in the towel and call it quits. Because that sort of thing would bring down the wrath of the entire FBI and federal justice system upon the entire New York-New Jersey connection. It's why organized criminals generally have a rule about avoiding killing cops and especially feds.<hr></blockquote>
Well, Christopher's already killed a cop, in the S4 premiere. No repercussions from that yet...

</p>

Alright

Anyone else catch
Ade:What happened?
Tony:We should probably talk about that.

I am still betting 95 percent that Tony and Ade are screwing around next week. She might just be drunk. But with that at the end, and the rest of the preview, it looks like Chris is a little pissed. I don't know if Blundetto is referring to Chris or not in this:
"He was saying all sorts of crazy things about you"
Tony S:"Well he knows where to find me".

Who knows, allow me to be lame, but this season Rocks!

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.04: All Happy Families”