Check In and Say Hello to Returning Friends

I hope this thread does not duplicate any other threads, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread where old friends who are returning to this board after a lengthy absence could say hello to old friends and perhaps comment on the new board.

Hello to all you old friends and young ones too. I'm not going to name anyone *cough*Alice*cough* because that would be sure to hurt some peoples' feelings. Also, I remember *cough*pittbulluver*cough* there was one special friend I had her but for the life of me, I can't remember her name now.

Nevertheless ... Congrats to Fly on the look and feel of this new board. Don't it look nice and dark and gloomy? Just the perfect look for a board that deals with the mob.

vBulletin boards have this option that you can customize the look and feel of the board (do you know what "skins" are?) and then members can just select one that suits them. If you'd like to see some examples, try this board I belong to:

http://www.thecomputermechanics.com

Maybe we can even "borrow" some of their skins and people who are interested could make some adjustments to them and create some new "skins" for people to use here. Personally, I think I'll stick to Fly's skin for now. In the meantime, I'd encourage any other members to check in to this thread and give each other a shout hello.

P.S. vBulletin boards have a nice feature called a "Shout Box" where people logged into this site can talk with each other - sort of like a combination between a chat room and intstant messaging. The way it works is: a tiny part of the screen (usually at the top) is a small "sub-window" containing a shout box where you can shout out one or two line messages and send each other links and pictures and other things like that. You can see an example at the site I listed above. I'll be so embarassed if there is one here and I didn't see it. But if it's possible to link one in, it might be a real nice feature.

Return to “Satriale's Meet Market”