How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi - Grades and General Rev

shantyirishman wrote:Red Rock Canyon, about ten minutes west of Las Vegas. Here's a link to the park.

http://www.nv.blm.gov/redrockcanyon/

Thanks very much Shantyirishman. I'm sure there were many of us wondering where that was. It was one of the most beautiful pieces of cinematography I have ever seen.

It just brings tears to my eyes to think that this beautiful work of art will be ending after 3 more episodes and there is just nothing we can do to bring it back.

I remember when we were able to mount letter writing campaigns and telegram campaigns to bring back great TV shows. I know it's not fair to expect that just because we want it, we can make these people produce more shows. After all, they are human beings and not machines. But, on the other hand, it just seems that something this wonderful belongs to the ages and there must be a way that we can give something of ourselves to keep it coming.

I guess this would be the moment that I would break down and have a good long cry in Melfi's office. I really do feel like bawling. This show is just so much more than a TV show. I just don't know how to deal with people who don't understand. I'm sure they think I'm just nuts and I just don't know what to tell them. It's impossible to explain my feelings for this show to people who don't know the show or who have not participated in this forum. It's just all oh so very, very sad that it is going to be over and that we will be left with ordinary schlock TV. I can't handle that. I think I will take an axe to my TV and demolish it before I will resign myself to watching America's Greatest Whatever. I couldn't stand that. Oh, please. Help me please? Can anyone give me any advice on how to live after The Sopranos? There must be a way.

Go back and watch each episode with an open mind. If you hear music you don't recognize, look it up and read the lyrics. If you hear words you don't know, look them up and find out what they mean. If you see references others have made to earlier works, look them up and find out the deep history behind the many works that Chase refers to that are epic stories. Epic stories fill in a lot of the details that Chase touches on. Knowing them will bring out the true meaning of the entire series.

If nothing else, you will find years worth of reading material. During the coma episodes Dr. Tashlan was mentioned several times. That is in reference to the C.S. Lewis series "Narnia". Reading the books will add to your life experience and understanding.

That is only one of the many examples of clarifying information that Chase has laid out for those who want to understand more.

This show is a multi-layered work that needs to be explored in depth, over time.

For every person who complained about the "Vito" story or the "coma" story, there are a thousand others who have not invested any thought into why these episodes were a part of an inter-locking story.

It is an open book to anyone who wants to take the time to look further into the depths of Chase's epic tale.

Well, I thank you very much for your splendid advice and I will certainly take it to heart as I make my way down the highways and biways of life - especialy in New Jersey, where it seems to apply more than you know - or more than I know.

I don't know quite how you managed to do this, but with just a few well chosen words, you have managed to hit the nail right squarely on the head. I Congratulate your and I doions! And please feel free to deliver any more of your magnificent take on life in the fast lane with or without The Sopranos.

I will certainly be waiting to hear whatever more you choose to share with us.

Splishak wrote:Thanks very much Shantyirishman. I'm sure there were many of us wondering where that was. It was one of the most beautiful pieces of cinematography I have ever seen.

It just brings tears to my eyes to think that this beautiful work of art will be ending after 3 more episodes and there is just nothing we can do to bring it back.

I remember when we were able to mount letter writing campaigns and telegram campaigns to bring back great TV shows. I know it's not fair to expect that just because we want it, we can make these people produce more shows. After all, they are human beings and not machines. But, on the other hand, it just seems that something this wonderful belongs to the ages and there must be a way that we can give something of ourselves to keep it coming.

I guess this would be the moment that I would break down and have a good long cry in Melfi's office. I really do feel like bawling. This show is just so much more than a TV show. I just don't know how to deal with people who don't understand. I'm sure they think I'm just nuts and I just don't know what to tell them. It's impossible to explain my feelings for this show to people who don't know the show or who have not participated in this forum. It's just all oh so very, very sad that it is going to be over and that we will be left with ordinary schlock TV. I can't handle that. I think I will take an axe to my TV and demolish it before I will resign myself to watching America's Greatest Whatever. I couldn't stand that. Oh, please. Help me please? Can anyone give me any advice on how to live after The Sopranos? There must be a way.
It is definently sad that the show is ending and I will go out on a limb and say there will be no show that will ever touch this show on so many levels. What I will plan to do to keep the show alive is to rewatch the episodes over time. To me this show just never gets old, there is always something you find in repeat viewings that you missed in previously watching it. I also think after it is over and we have fully digested how things have played out, it will be very interesting to go back and rewatch the entire series from the beginning. I'm sure no matter how it plays out, we will see some subtle clues that we missed in past seasons. One other thing to do to spice up going back and rewatching this masterpiece again is to help someone discover the show who hasn't yet been turned on to it. A lot of people out there are not HBO suscribers and it could be very rewarding and fun to find a buddy who hasn't been turned on to the show and get them into it. Have them watch it with you from the beginning and you can kind of live vicariously through them as they react to the things you once did the first time you watched an episode. And you can sit back with a smile on your face knowing how everything plays out while they enjoy the ride for the very first time.

RefLib wrote:How about you stop finding fault with everything for starters. Go back and watch each episode with an open mind. If you hear music you don't recognize, look it up and read the lyrics. If you hear words you don't know, look them up and find out what they mean. If you see references others have made to earlier works, look them up and find out the deep history behind the many works that Chase refers to that are epic stories. Epic stories fill in a lot of the details that Chase touches on. Knowing them will bring out the true meaning of the entire series.

If nothing else, you will find years worth of reading material. During the coma episodes Dr. Tashlan was mentioned several times. That is in reference to the C.S. Lewis series "Narnia". Reading the books will add to your life experience and understanding.

That is only one of the many examples of clarifying information that Chase has laid out for those who want to understand more.

This show is a multi-layered work that needs to be explored in depth, over time.

For every person who complained about the "Vito" story or the "coma" story, there are a thousand others who have not invested any thought into why these episodes were a part of an inter-locking story.

It is an open book to anyone who wants to take the time to look further into the depths of Chase's epic tale.
RefLib, I'm not even sure to whom you were directing this post, as I did not see one prior in the thread that seemed to make sense with it. Regardless, your confrontational tone is not within the spirit of the posting guidelines at this forum (the summation of which is to post to others as you would have them post to you). You don't need to tell people how they should feel about the show or what obligations they have to enrich their viewing experience in order to express disagreement with their views.:icon_wink:

Thanks.

FOMW
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Episode 6.18: Kennedy and Heidi”