Total votes: 2 (29%)
Season Four (No votes)
Season Five
Total votes: 1 (14%)
Season Six
Total votes: 1 (14%)
Total votes: 7

Re: Favorite Season

I would give the nod to season 1 slightly over season 5 as my favorite. Everything was fresh and new in season 1 and we were able to watch the characters develop and make our own opinions about them. 5 was also special to me, the infusion of new characters (Tony B., Phil Leotardo, Feech) added a new dynamic to everything. Also the building of the conclusion of Adriana's arc and the rebuilding of the relationship with Tony and Carmela. A lot of memorable eps in this season.

My order would go 1(10/10),2(10/10),4(9/10),3(9/10),5(8/10),6(7/10).

Season 6 has been the worse for me, because in 6a they took half the season to deal with Vito's changes and how he was forced to come out, yet in 6b the character development had been pretty bad, Tony randomly gets a massive gambling addictiong, and the ralathionship between him and Hesh isn't really good? all that was in ONE ep. Also, Melfi, how she reacted to what happened in the dinner party could be stretched out a few eps.

Oh, and then theres Chris, he could have been given a better time.

Reasons for 5 being so low, considering it has such fantastic eps in Two Tonys, Rat Pack, Test Dream, Long Tern,,was that it had blatent filler eps, In Camelot was horrid, and the episode where Tony and Ade were "together" was so badly done, considering everyone forgot about it next ep :/

my favourite seasons are as follows:

season 1 - meet tony soprano, never in tv history has a programme instantly had me gripped from the get-go as this one. The pilot is a masterpiece the way Tony personally introduce's us to his friends and life through his visit to Melfi. The whole season is brilliant with the exception of ''a hit is a hit'' which still has some brilliant comedy moments - chris playin guitar on ad's ex's head!

season 4 & season 2 - I cant seperate these despite them being total opposites. Both had great episodes, whoever did this, whitecaps, funhouse, from where to eternity. Season 2 is the season i re-watch the most, big girls dont cry, the happy wanderer another 2 good episodes i basically enjoy the whole season and the montauge at the start and end of the season is for me 2 of the best musical moments of the series. Season 4 i enjoy for its originality, I especially like the rise and fall of ralphie.

season 5 - this is a great season but for some reason i find it hard to put the more recent seasons at the top of the list. maybe in years to come i will view this differently. the test dream, long term parking, cold cuts are stand out episodes from this season and this is also the start of tonys downfall - a lot of what happens this season is the begining of the end.

This then leaves me with season 6 - im not placing this last, im gonna wait until sunday to make my final decision but i feel that this season is almost perfect. i feel the season would be much stronger without filler=type episodes, im embarrased to call a soprtanos episode ''filler'' but i cant think of any other word. something of importance/relevance happens in nearly every episode but i would have liked less vito scenes, and didnt like fleshy part of the thigh and the ride. stand out would be join the club, members only, kaisha, cold stones, all of season 6 part 2 - i think chase has really done the business, i cant pick any fault except for the ep with vitos son. Got to mention the moments between Tony & Chris - not the killing, the scene in the church with Chickentown playing- magnificent.

I agree with a lot of what JohnnySoprano said.

Season 1 is still my favorite. The Pilot, College, Isabella, I dream of Jeannie Cusamano, and Pax Soprana are all top notch episodes in my mind. episodes like Boca, 46 long, and Meadowlands are just a notch below. This season is great at finding a balance between the two families and the amount of airtime given to each one. Classic TV.

Season 2 is next for me. Again, great episodes this season from beginning to end. I like this season more and more as i re-watch it. Early on this wasn't one of my favorite seasons but it has climbed the ladder. From where to eternity and Knight in white satin armor are amazing eps. Funhouse is a very thorough and entertaining season finale (i love the music montage at the end).

Season 4-After seasons 1 and 2 its hard for me to put them in to order but i'll give season 4 the nod over 3 and 5. Great opener BTW. I did NOT like the Carmella-Furio love story but the rest of the season is solid. I really liked the work of Joey Pants in this season. Chris's drug habits and Junior's trial also made for interesting moments. Bobby starts to become more of a focal point in the series. They show a different side of the mob. Not as many great eps. as 1 and 2, but a solid season overall.

Season 3- This series drops in rank IMO because of a rather weak (relatively) opener and finale. They just didn't do it for me. Pine Barrens, To save us all from satans power, and others were good episodes. I just didn't buy Jackie Jr. as a main storyline. Also i was very disinterested in Meadow's relationships. Again there were some standout eps. that will go down in Soprano history, but as a whole the seaosn wasn't one of the top one to me.

Season 5- Now most people who I've talked to love this season. Not me. I didn't hate it by any means but i didn't love it either. This is last to me as of now. Like season 2 though, it could change in time.

With season 5 i wasn't crazy about the Tony B storyline. Okay we get it, Tony's love for Tony B stems from feelings of insecurity and basically selfishness. This was no great revelation for me. I got sick and tired of Tony and Carm's separation after a while. I DID like some of the Melfi scenes, Johnny Sac becomming boss, the tension with NY, and the resolution of Adrianna's role. In the end though i think Tony was as unlikeable in this season as any and that hurt it IMO. And, again, the separation and Tony B storylines that i wasn't thrilled about. Still great TV, better than anything else on, but not my favorite when comparing it to other Soprano seasons. I won't call it worst but least favorite. Let me say though that Long Term Parking, Test Dream, and Irregular Around the Margins were very good eps.

I'll wait for season 6 to finish before i rank that, but i think it will end up being one of my favorites. Probably up there with 1 and 2.

Season one for me. the plots about his mob life and family life were great. The mob part has always been great but tonys family have really started to anoy me over the final few seasons. carmella been great but AJ and Meadow have really got on my nerves

AJ WAS great when he was younger. a real little rebel

All the seasons were entertaining for me but some were rather slow and short of explosive action. season 2 started very slow but ended great (thats why it makes my top 3). season 6 started great but disapointed us at the end. It was the sopranos at its worst

seasons 7, 5 and 1 were great throughout. I really liked seasons 3 and 4 unlike some. they were short of action but provided some great and amusing storylines in tony's two lives. Pine barrons was probably my best episode ever

here is my rankings of the seaons:

Season 1
Season 7
season 2
season 3
Season 5
season 4
seaosn 6

bigbadbill007 wrote:Season one for me. the plots about his mob life and family life were great. The mob part has always been great but tonys family have really started to anoy me over the final few seasons. carmella been great but AJ and Meadow have really got on my nerves

AJ WAS great when he was younger. a real little rebel

All the seasons were entertaining for me but some were rather slow and short of explosive action. season 2 started very slow but ended great (thats why it makes my top 3). season 6 started great but disapointed us at the end. It was the sopranos at its worst

seasons 7, 5 and 1 were great throughout. I really liked seasons 3 and 4 unlike some. they were short of action but provided some great and amusing storylines in tony's two lives. Pine barrons was probably my best episode ever

here is my rankings of the seaons:

Season 1
Season 7
season 2
season 3
Season 5
season 4
seaosn 6
I think season 6 part 1 and 2 should just be counted as season 6. No season 7

Without a doubt Season 6, both halves.

Amazing storytelling and writing unparallelled in the history of the television medium IMHO. Every episode is written to weave itself into a previous episodes details or an episode to come. Season Six was the master version of this. Because it used all prior five seasons plus the new material to create the full circle effect (Onion rings anyone?) that connects the very last show to the very first. I know it took them two years to come up with it. TWO YEARS! Thats a long time for a television show to develop for just one season. I think the final season makes the entire series absolutely flawless stoytelling. And the ending just proves its genius more than ever. But I still am a sucker for Season 1. A lot of gems in there........
You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.

Season 5 has always held a special place in my heart. Even the poorest of episodes in the fifth season (probably In Camelot, for me) has some AMAZING moments. This season just had some real jaw-droppers, and taking Tony out of the comfort of his home was a brilliant move.

Return to “Sopranos Voting Booth”