Rank ALL EPISODES from #86 to #1

Who in here DARES to do so? I do and have already. Upon watching all 86 again over the course of the last so many weeks, I made a point to rank each episode as I went along, sort of like putting a puzzle together. Difficult but actually not impossible to do. Have the list available but would first like to give a summary/take on each one and of course list what episode of what season each one is along with the writer and director. It'll be posted here soon enough but in the meantime, if any of you have your own rankings already or wish to make your own countdown list from #86 to #1, please post! Would like to see. Perhaps it may or may not inspire my own final draft that I'll post here.

Re: Rank ALL EPISODES from #86 to #1

BFazioCriminalMastermind wrote:Who in here DARES to do so? I do and have already. Upon watching all 86 again over the course of the last so many weeks, I made a point to rank each episode as I went along, sort of like putting a puzzle together. Difficult but actually not impossible to do. Have the list available but would first like to give a summary/take on each one and of course list what episode of what season each one is along with the writer and director. It'll be posted here soon enough but in the meantime, if any of you have your own rankings already or wish to make your own countdown list from #86 to #1, please post! Would like to see. Perhaps it may or may not inspire my own final draft that I'll post here.

86. Christopher

1. The Blue Comet

OK, I started my list :icon_lol:
Historically, that's been the case.

Lol as well. I'll just say this....although 'Christopher' is quite closer to #86 than it is to #1 I do not have it in that spot. In fact, #86 to me is an easy one although I do think that episode itself is GOOD just like all Sopranos episodes are at the very least. 'Blue Comet' OF COURSE is an awesome episode and amongst my higher ranked ones. But it's still just a bit away from #1 as also is the case with both 'Pine Barrens' and 'College'. Not trying to be 'different' or 'unique'. Just because something is most-popular or a seemingly obvious choice it doesn't mean a more-than-casual fan shouldn't consider it one's favorite (my favorite Season 4 episode is 'Whitecaps'; my favorite U2 album 'Joshua Tree', etc). There are many more legit, intelligent, and knowledgable Sopranos afficiondos than myself which applies to most members of this site (including those who've responded to this thread so far) who feel either of these three are at #1 as well as 'Christopher' at #86. I just feel that there are quite a few episodes that are even-more-awesome. Same with me feeling 'Christopher' is not the least-favorite of them all. Gotten a few summaries/takes finished on my countdown but am quite a ways from finishing things. No rush. After all, it gives me time to reconsider things and make corrections and reshuffle things before posting the final draft. Been doing quite a bit of that since finishing the entire run.

Made in America
Kennedy and Heidi
Whitecaps
Whoever Did This
Pine Barrens
The Blue Comet
Army of One
All Due Respect
Funhouse
Irregular Around the Margins
Long Term Parking
The Ride
Join the Club
Where's Johnny?
Cold Stones
Kaisha
Cold Cuts
Bust Out
Soprano Home Movies
The Second Coming
The Test Dream
Marco Polo
College
Stage 5
I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano
All Happy Families
Calling All Cars
University
The Knight in White Satin Armor
Proshai Livushka
Eloise
Isabella
Members Only
Remember When
Johnny Cakes
The Weight
He Is Risen
Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request
The Telltale Moozadell
Guy Walks Into a Psychiatrist's Office
The Happy Wanderer
Meadowlands
For All Debts Public and Private
Second Opinion
No Show
Commendatori
Amour Fou
Pax Soprana
Pilot
Walk Like a Man
Employee of the Month
Unidentified Black Males
The Strong, Silent Type
Big Girls Don't Cry
House Arrest
To Save Us All From Satan's Power
D-Girl
Watching Too Much Television
Another Toothpick
Full Leather Jacket
The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti
Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood
Mayham
In Camelot
Toodle Fucking Oo
From Where to Eternity
Moe 'n Joe
Sentimental Education
Everybody Hurts
Mergers and Acquisitions
Luxury Lounge
The Fleshy Part of the Thigh
Two Tonys
Rat Pack
Boca
Nobody Knows Anything
46 Long
Denial, Anger, Acceptance
Live Free or Die
Pie-O-My
Down Neck
Do Not Resuscitate
Fortunate Son
A Hit is a Hit
Chasing It
Christopher
Taps, lights out, 2200 hours. What's missing? Give up? Television.

I find the idea of putting every episode in a preference order to be far too daunting, even during the period of time when I ate, drank, and slept the show. And I think it would force me to make artificial distinctions in a lot of cases where I don't feel one episode was better or worse than another. Then there's the fact that my preferences would be subject to subtle shifts over time. But hats off to those with the verve and perseverance to do it!
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Sopranos Voting Booth”