Total votes: 1 (20%)
The Second Coming
Total votes: 1 (20%)
The Blue Comet
Total votes: 2 (40%)
Made in America (No votes)
Total votes: 5

Re: Favorite Episode of Season 6b

I voted for Blue Comet. Although the episode was riveting from start to finish I think more of that had to do with the fact that it was the next to the last show. Perhaps if you had taken that same episode and inserted it into season 5, it would not have felt quite as tense.

Honorable mention goes to Remember When, my second favorite of 6b.

Worst episode had to be Chasing It. That could have been completely eliminated from the season and the time better used perhaps as a bridge between Blue Comet and Made in America. It would have been interesting to see a little more of the aftermath following the shootings.

Kennedy and Heidi

As a Native American and Italian American mixed person, no episode better served the combining of these cultures for me like this episode. I mean a mafia boss eating Grandfather Peyote? A Sacred sacrament of Indian people. Granted is wasnt being used traditionally in ceremony, the vibe they create with lighting and camera work made it feel very similar to a Peyote vibe. I mean all things aside with the strange beginning with Christopher dying, this episode represented a major enlightenment of Tonys' concioiusness in the final days of his life. He finally gets "IT" at the end which I think means that he realizes his whole life is just an illusion. That hes depressed because the material things he works and murders for are ultimately pointless. But of course the episode doesnt force that idea down your throat. Just an interpetation. Peyote helps you see the interconnectedness of all life and also gives you perspectives about time that show a broad horizon over a short span of "real" time. Almost a slowing down of time. That is why he is able to understand the roulette numbers as he realizes it represents the fundemental laws of the universe. Very intriguing exploration of charecter. TO have a man with his mind enter the realm of Peyote. I remember bracing myself thinking a scene out of Natural Born Killers was gonna go down where he gets bit by rattlesnakes and shoots everyone. Instead he is enlightened to the struggles he has internally about all his lifes crap. What He "GETS" is why Melfi can also no longer treat him. He has figured it out for himself. Anyway I LOVED this one.

I voted for "The Second Coming". Gandolfini was tremendous in this, and the episode is filled with disturbing and gutwrenching moments - Meadow being harassed in the restaurant, AJ attempting suicide, Tony seeking revenge (one of the best, most tense scenes in the series, IMO).

I was always a sucker for the family side of things as opposed to the Family, but this episode has a great balance of both. My other favorites were "Kennedy and Heidi" and "Soprano Home Movies".

Edit: I'm surprised no one voted for "Walk Like a Man" yet. Season 6b was really strong overall, huh?

I'm surprised no one voted for "Walk Like a Man" yet. Season 6b was really strong overall, huh?

Agreed. "Walk Like a Man" was a tremendous episode. I had to vote "Blue Comet" as my favorite, and still stand by that, but WLAM is up there in my top 3 for 6B. Great final send off for Chris (since he is killed right at the beginning of K&H).

IMO Blue Comet, Made in America, Stage 5, and WLAM were all the top eps. of the last season and 9 or 10 rating caliber episodes.

Worst episode had to be Chasing It.

It may be "least best" by default because there were so many great episodes in 6B. I liked "Chasing It" and thought it was a really good ep. I could've done without the Vito Jr. stuff, but all the gambling and Hesh stuff was great.

Breaking News!

Emmy Judges have chosen "The Sopranos" among the 10 finalists to be into consideration for Best Drama series. These 10 entries will be narrowed down to the five finalists that will be announced in a couple of weeks. While that isn't a surprise the episode that the producers/HBO chose to submit for Emmy consideration might be:

TOP 10 DRAMA SERIES FINALISTS
(In parens is name of sample episode viewed by judges)
Boston Legal ("Angel of Death")
Dexter ("Born Free")
Friday Night Lights (Pilot)
Grey's Anatomy ("From A Whisper to A Scream")
Heroes ("Genesis")
House ("Half-wit")
Lost ("Through the Looking Glass")
Rome ("De Patre Vostro")
The Sopranos ("Soprano Home Movies")
24 ("Day 6: 6 a.m. - 7 a.m.")

Source: http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol ... -10-e.html

So there yo have it folks. While we debate amongst ourselves which is the best "Sopranos" episode of 6B David Chase & Co. feel (rightly or wrongly) that for the purpose of scoring Emmy gold "Sopranos Home Movies" is their go-to episode. :icon_razz:

EDIT - dad1153 - We have asked repeatedly for people to not double post comments. I realize you wish to spread this information, but it can get confusing. Please do not do so again. DH.

Rob wrote:
Worst episode had to be Chasing It. That could have been completely eliminated from the season and the time better used perhaps as a bridge between Blue Comet and Made in America. It would have been interesting to see a little more of the aftermath following the shootings.

I dug Chasing It...We needed an episode to see that, indeed, as Howlin' Wolf sang, Tony was indeed "Goin' Down Slow."

Regarding your point, I think the time could've been better served in the gap b/w Kennedy & Heidi and the Second Coming.

Return to “Sopranos Voting Booth”