Re: The Sopranos, "All Time Favorite Episode" - Sweet Sixtee

Bracket A: #1 The Blue Comet
Bracket B: #3 Funhouse
Bracket C: #5 The Test Dream (season 5)
Bracket D: #7 Members Only (season 6a)
Bracket E: #2 Isabella
Bracket F: #4 Whitecaps
Bracket G: #6 Long Term Parking (season 5)
Bracket H: #9 Join the Club (season 6a)

Bracket E was very tough., along with several others. Went with Isabella as a fine eg of the style and tone of the first season. But nealy went with Pine Barrens if for nothing else than my initial response to seeing Steve Buscemi's name in the credids of my favourite show.

Great voting numbers folks!

A reminder - there is just about 24 more hours to get your votes in for round 1. At around noon tomorrow, I will close this thread in order to count the votes and set up round 2. And then on Sunday the 17th we'll debut the brackets and reopen the thread for voting. I figured it would be nice to honor Sopranos Sundays. :icon_biggrin:

So get those last minute votes in. And there are still some close brackets so each and evey vote is improtant.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Only 3 more hours to vote. Get them in while you still can. :icon_mrgreen:

As a reminder, here are the brackets:

The Sopranos – Sweet Sixteen:

Bracket A: #1 The Blue Comet (season 6b) vs. #16 Proshai, Livushka (season 3)

Bracket B: #3 Funhouse (season 2) vs. # 14 Kennedy and Heidi (season 6b)

Bracket C: #5 The Test Dream (season 5) vs. #12 Employee of the Month (season 3)

Bracket D: #7 Members Only (season 6a) vs. #10 The Pilot (season 1)

Bracket E: #2 Pines Barrens (season 3) vs. #15 Isabella (season 1)

Bracket F: #4 Whitecaps (season 4) vs. #13 From Where to Eternity (season 2)

Bracket G: #6 Long Term Parking (season 5) vs. #11 Whoever Did This (season 4)

Bracket H: #8 College (season 1) vs. #9 Join the Club (season 6a)

[align=center]Bracket A:

The Blue Comet (season 6b) vs. Funhouse (season 2)

The Blue Comet (Dir: Alan Taylor; Writers: David Chase and Matthew Weiner)

The allegiance of those closest to Tony is put to the test when Phil asks some of Tony's men to switch sides in preparation for the coming war. A case of mistaken identity has serious ramifications as war erupts between New York and New Jersey.

Funhouse (season 2) (Dir: John Patterson; Writers: David Chase and Todd A. Kessler)

Tony gets food poisoning the day before Meadow's graduation; while trying to recover, his dreams lead him to resurrect old suspicions about an old friend. The FBI executes a search warrant, and arrests Tony.

Bracket B:

The Test Dream (season 5) vs. The Sopranos Pilot (season 1)

The Test Dream (Dir: Allen Coulter; Writers: David Chase and Matthew Weiner)

Tony checks into The Plaza Hotel for rest and relaxation but suffers from one of his recurring nightmares. Tony Blundetto takes unauthorized action, threatening to drag Jersey into the New York conflict.

The Sopranos Pilot (Dir: David Chase, Writer: David Chase)

Anthony Soprano, a capo in the DiMeo Crime Family, begins therapy with Dr. Jennifer Melfi after having anxiety attacks. His mother, Livia, refuses to move to a nursing home. Tony's Uncle Junior wants to use Tony's friend's restaurant as a location for a murder, but Tony prevents this by having the restaurant blown up. Christopher Moltisanti, Tony's nephew, murders the representative of a Czech mob that was trying to move in on the family waste management company.

[/align]

Bracket C:

Pine Barrens (season 3) vs. Whitecaps (season 4)

Pine Barrens (Dir: Steve Buscemi; Writers: Terence Winter-teleplay, Tim Van Patten and Terence Winter-story)

A standard collection goes horribly awry for Paulie and Christopher as they end up lost in the snowy Pine Barrens of South Jersey. Tony's relationship with Gloria starts to go south, as does that of Meadow and Jackie Jr.

Whitecaps (Dir: John Patterson; Writers: David Chase, Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess)

Junior's court case draws to a close. In an attempt to cheer up Carmela, Tony bids on a shore house for the family, but his efforts to save his marriage are swiftly undone. After a change of plans, Christopher is forced to deal with two would-be hitmen.

Bracket D:

Long Term Parking (season 5) vs. College (season 1)

Long Term Parking (Dir: Tim Van Patten; Writer: Terence Winter)

After she tries to cover up a murder, Adriana is met with increasing demands from the FBI, with tragic consequences; Tony reconciles with Carmela. When calls for an absent Tony Blundetto’s blood are made, Tony makes a final stand for his cousin.

College (Dir: Allen Coulter; Writers: David Chase and Jim Manos, Jr.)

Tony and Meadow travel to Maine to visit colleges; and they discuss the nature of Tony's "business". Carmela fights the flu, and seeks comfort from Father Intintola after finding out that Tony's secret therapist is female. Tony comes across an old associate who has joined the Witness Protection Program and tracks him down for "business" purposes.

Voting is now open once again for Round 2 - Eight Excellent Episodes. This round will last until June 23rd when we will close the voting again and cont the votes and on June 24th, we will debut the semi-finals.

There were some good voting numbers this past week, no doubt assisted by the finale bringing so many people to the forum. 33 people voted in all and the only lopsided contest was sadly between The Blue Comet and Proshai, Livushka. The former took the contest 30 votes to 3 (and I say sad only because Proshai, Livushka is a favorite of mine.)

The closest races were strangely enough between season 6a and season 1 episodes. College took Join the Club with a 20 to 12 victory (and one abstain) and The Pilot episode pulled the only upset over Members Only with 21 votes to 12. This time season 1 tries to tackle season five. I dare say they'll both have a more difficult time of it.

As before, please list the bracket letter and the episode title next to that. And enjoy the week! Happy voting. :icon_mrgreen:

Return to “Sopranos Voting Booth”